Do you celebrate Halloween, big or small? If so, today I've got a treat for you!
Welcome to my blog, Panoply! Whether you're a loyal reader or new visitor, I invite you to explore all sorts of Halloween inspiration, served up on my Skeleton Duet tabletop, and as well on those of several other table enthusiasts. I'm hosting a Halloween tablescape blog hop, and all the participants' links can be found near the end of this post.
One of the best things about these tablescape blog hops is you can take inspiration in any form - big or small - and make it your own. Most of us tablescapers are happy to share our sources.
I am a big fan of Fiesta tableware, and it's manufactured here in my home state of West Virginia. That's where I found my salad plates. Mr. P. and I started dating through ballroom dancing, and so these Skeleton Duet plates add a sentimental flair to my table today. Almost thirty years ago (!) I was also a ballet dancer, and several years ago I set a table that was Tutu Fun with salad plates of skeletons in tutus.Oh my. Then came these guys, seen below. The skeleton candle holders were a fun find in Aldi's aisle of shame - you know, that aisle of those weekly finds that are here today, gone tomorrow? And the skeleton planters (WalMart) with creepy florals, complete with pinching bugs and Venus flytraps? They were assembled by a local small business woman. (Btw, anything I buy for Halloween is invariably passed along to my daughters, who both love decorating for this holiday, and usually host annual parties).
The napkin rings were embellished with magnets I had purchased for a prior Halloween tablescape.The fireplace set a glow within the dining room, along with the battery operated candles.On the fireplace ledge sits a crow perched upon another skeleton head.The glassware was practically given to me with Kohl's discounts and cash applied.
The overall table took on a monochromatic appearance once I selected my chargers, dinner plates, table linens and runner. Introducing color with orange candles, for example, strayed from the aesthetic I ultimately was pleased with.
Skeleton Duet Tablescape Source List
Chargers - Nora Murphy Country Store
Dinner Plates - Dollar Tree
Salad Plates (Skeleton Duet) - Fiesta Factory Direct
Skeleton Candelabras - Aldi
Skeleton Hand Stemless Wine Glasses - Kohl's
Flatware (Fortessa Luca) - Horchow
Beaded Placemats as Runner - MacKenzie-Childs
Tablecloth - April Cornell
Napkin Rings, Mystical Image Magnets, Candles - Amazon
Napkins - Estate Sale Finds
Skull with Crow, Skull Floral Arrangements - Roots to Bloom (skull planters from WalMart)
I hope you enjoy all the Halloween inspiration from the participating bloggers listed below. Halloween was also one of Mary's favorite holidays to celebrate.
Panoply - Skeleton Duet Halloween Tablescape
Life and Linda - Phantom of the Opera Tablescape
Hyacinths for the Soul - Too Cute to Spook
Me and My Captain - Happy Ghosts Visit the Moon of the High Mountain Desert of New Mexico
Red Cottage Chronicles - A Charming Halloween Tea Party
The Cat's Whiskerz - A Witchy Halloween Tablescape
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - A Bit of Scare in that Scarecrow
Olla-Podrida - Haunted House Tablescape for Halloween
My Thrift Store Addiction - Charlotte the Spider and a Whimsical Garden Party
Dinner at Eight - There's a Full Moon Rising . . .
Thrifting Wonderland - All Hallows Eve Thrifted Tablescape
The Bookish Dilettante - Tablescape for Spooky Season: El Día de los Muertos











Thank you for another seasonal tablescape hop. I look forward to them so much. A very special heartfelt thanks for acknowledging Mary’s blog . I was a long time follower and she is how I found your blog. . I tried many of her recipes and even copied a few ideas, she made my life brighter.
ReplyDeleteWe will definitely miss Mary at these blog hops Rita...and we all feel a little lump in our throats when 'Home is where the boat is'...is not present among the 'hoppers'. She always commented so positively on almost each element of our tables, which told you she took the time to actually read through the post and not give it a quick skim with the obligatory 'good job' comment. We will miss her early, early morning comments.
ReplyDeleteAs for your table, I like your setting with the fireplace crackling in the background...it sets the stage for your skeletons dancing at your table. The glasses are so unique and glad you found a bargain. The skull planters with creepy Venus flytraps and pinching bugs are a great touch as are the candle holders which are perfect accent pieces, and add to your monochromatic appearance. I particularly like the crow on the skull on the fireplace...he gives your tablescape the eerie feeling of being watched.
I am so glad your 'accident' is fading tho I am sure you think twice before bounding down the steps these days. I just wish I could 'bound' down anywhere. My pace is simply called SLOW. 🥰 Thanks for hosting. Blessings Always.
Oh, what a phenomenal Halloween Table! Your chargers, runner, and skeleton plates are truly spooktacular. Thank you for putting these blog hops together—so much inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI am heartbroken over Mary. I knew she wasn't doing well, since we shared a few emails back and forth. But I am still in shock knowing she is truly gone. Our behind-the-scenes friendships are truly real, even if virtual. Thank you for this beautiful tribute to her.
What a fun theme for Halloween! Those plates are an amazing find.
ReplyDeleteRita, this is amazing! It all came together with the perfect details. I find the Skelton Duet plates by Fiesta intriguing. They are perfection, especially with your interest in ballroom dancing. I grew up eating off of colorful Fiesta dishes at one of my aunt's home. To this day, I think about those colorful dishes. You found such perfect skelton items. This theme reminds me of Mary's Rod and Rowena's Halloween adventures. Remember Bone Appetit? Mary had such an amazing eye for detail and the humor to go with it. Her imagination and creative skills were unmatched. I miss our dear friend so very much. It seems impossible that she is not here. My heart aches for David, her family, and the precious pups. Oh, my! Too much loss at this stage of our lives! Thanks for helping us to keep some humor. You are a cherished friend.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table as always! Plus, I’m really jealous of the fireplace….thats one additional project, that we were never able to add to our home. Love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sad news about Mary. She was one of my first social media friends and followers. The World feels a little sadder now knowing she’s not here. 😢
Christine
Rustic-refined.com
Rita, a little more , ,, I forgot to mention the placemats. Are they a recent find? I love the texture and the plaid. They seem to go very well with my MKC frames. Did you notice the frame for the poem that I have on the buffet? I will try to find some of the placemats if possible. You find the best details!
ReplyDeleteDear Rita, I have tears in my eyes in reading the ending dedication to our beloved Mary. Thank you for sharing those wonderful words with us.
ReplyDeleteYour table is frightfully fun! Fiestaware is a favorite of mine, but I didn’t know they made plates with patterns and yours are perfect. How nice that you and your hubby met through ballroom dancing. Your dinner plates came from Dollar Tree?? They’re wonderful! Also the vase is perfect for your table as are the glasses. Thank you for sharing your Halloween table, which reminded me of Mary’s love of Rod and Rowena.
Rita, I love those salad plates and candlesticks! They are fun and perfect for Halloween. The centerpiece is perfect! I love the monochromatic theme. Thank you for dedicating this hop and your table to Mary. She would have adored your table! Rod and Rowena would be thrilled! We shall all miss Mary as she was so creative, kind and thoughtful. Angels are indeed enjoying their new member. She was a sweet angel on earth as well. Clara❤️
ReplyDeleteRita, your skeleton couple is the cutest! I'm a big fan of pairing elegance and whimsy and your charming table does just that beautifully. I appreciate your touching tribute to Mary--she is an inspiration to us all.
ReplyDeleteLove this Rita. It is fun and spooky and lots of whimsy. I know we will all miss Mary so much. I know Heaven is looking beautiful up there with her talents. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteIsn’t Halloween just so much fun when it comes to setting tables? This one is fabulous! I love that it’s all black, white, and gray. It adds to the overall spookiness. I was shocked to learn that those salad plates were Fiestaware. Back in the day I collected Fiestaware, but that was when it was largely just different colors of place settings. I need to go back and see what else they have to offer. Those candleholders are phenomenal! I’m not sure how I missed that at my Aldi store, but I have come to find out that Aldi stores in different parts of the country carry different things.
ReplyDeleteRita, I just want to say: I LOVE IT ALL!
ReplyDeleteRita, those plates are perfect for you and Mr. P since you started dating through ballroom dancing.That was a lovely way to meet. I love all of the details, especially the Horchow flatware. I don’t remember seeing it before. I am so sorry I couldn’t participate in the hop. I will do my best to comment on everyone’s post. Thank you for the beautiful dedication to Mary. I am so heartbroken and sad. I will never set a table that I won’t think of her.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your story with us, Rita. What a cute way to celebrate how you and Mr. Panoply met. I have always loved Fiesta dinnerware, BTW....I only have a few pieces, but I do enjoy them. Your table, although spooky, is very elegant, Rita. I truly love it! Happy October and Halloween!
ReplyDeleteRita, the monochromatic color theme is marvelous on your table. I love that you referenced the dancing skeleton salads to how you met Mr. P. through ballroom dancing and your previous career in ballet dancing . The skeleton candles are so fun and your local small business woman did a fabulous job with the creepy florals in the skeleton planters. Great gift from Kohl's on the glassware - I sure wish we had a Kohl's here. The MKC placemats make a wonderful table runner and the fireplace in the background with the crow and skull on the mantel lends a spooky vibe. I loved your tribute to Mary and the empty seat was so touching. Happy October and Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteRita, your Skeleton Duet tablescape is absolutely delightful! I have always admired Fiesta, but have never owned any. I love how you tied the dancing skeleton plates to the story of how you and Mr. P. met through ballroom dancing. The monochromatic setting, the skeleton candelabras, and those wonderfully creepy floral arrangements create such a fun and elegant Halloween atmosphere. Love the skelteton candle holders. Your skeleton planter from Walmart is so fitting, especially with the creepy flowers. The MKC placemats make a great table runner.
ReplyDeleteBut most of all, your beautiful tribute to our dear Mary touched my heart. Her absence is felt so deeply, especially during these tablescape hops that she loved so much. I loved your words about our tables having an empty seat now. Mary brought so much creativity, kindness, humor, and inspiration to our little blogging community, and I know every Halloween table I see will make me think of her.
Thank you for honoring Mary so beautifully and for bringing all of us together for this special Halloween hop. I know she would have loved your spooky skeleton couple and all the wonderful details of your table. ❤️
You wrote a lovely tribute to Mary, Rita, and I know she treasured your friendship. I loved seeing skeletons on your table this year. It's such a wonderful motif and you carried it out beautifully. I loved the plates and the simple black and white color scheme that always is quite dramatic. The skeleton candlesticks are a wonderful addition to your table and work so well with the plate stack and tablecloth. The planters are great and it is so nice that you pass them along to your daughters. The dancing skeletons tie in so well with parts of your own story. You have done a wonderful job, as always, of arranging this hop. It is such a pleasure to be part of this group. Wishing you a wonderful Halloween.
ReplyDeleteLynne, Thrifting Wonderland
This table is just so fun. I love all the details -- you have such a good eye for sussing out fun things like the Aldi candleholder and the Walmart planters! And of course, it's personal too, with your love of dance. And just so much fun! On another note, I'm hoping your are healing in every possible way!
ReplyDeleteI love it.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter in law loves Halloween. I will have to share your ideas with her.
I enjoyed the story about how you met your husband. I think ballet is beautiful. I find it so fun to meet people who enjoy dancing.
I love the flowers too!
xo