Thursday, May 19, 2016

Grandmother's Flower Garden Tablescape

Today I invite you into the sunroom while sharing my latest tablescape, Grandmother's Flower Garden. Though not a grandmother myself, it is inspired by my own garden, of which many flowers within are pass alongs from women who certainly were grandmothers. Just like my last post on my May garden, it is a profusion of blooms!
The plates I've used today are uniquely sourced from photographs I've previously taken of flowers in my garden, then designed and ordered through the Shutterfly website. They are melamine.
Daffodil Place Setting
Poppy Place Setting
Iris Place Setting
Mandevilla Place Setting
The rest of the tablescape underpinnings are as follows: a vintage quilt in Grandmother's Flower Garden block pattern, along with vintage linen napkins; vintage 1939 silverplate utensils in 'Royal Rose' pattern, Marimekko for Target 5-piece acrylic carafe and stackable drinkware (remember the Finnish home line from the 1970s?? Well, it's baa-ack.); and the napkin rings are none other than new and colorful, scrunchie hair ties!
Flower Garden Tablescape Underpinnings
I added a few serving pieces of glassware to the table, along with my paper bag vase purchased recently from Blenko. The frosted green tidbit tray was my mother's, the small blue cake pedestal was a vintage purchase, and the orange and red cake pedestal was a wedding gift.
Flower Garden Colorful Glassware Additions
I took a walk in the garden and snipped a few blooms for the flower garden bouquet.
Flower Garden Centerpiece Bouquet
Since this is titled grandmother's flower garden tablescape, I imagined a food fare only a grandmother could let its guests get away with and make it appear healthy by how pretty it's presented: sweets and milk!
Grandmother's Flower Garden Food Fare - Sweets!
After this past week in the garden, the inspiration for this tablescape followed and flowed easily. The Shutterfly option of creating my own plates first came to me last fall, after which I was inspired to create this tablescape. With this order, I was able to take a 50% discount right before Mother's Day, plus free shipping. I only used a portion of what I designed and purchased. :) Neither this or any other source mentioned in this post is sponsoring me. My blog is a non-revenue generating one.

What a fun tablescape this was to put together! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did assembling it.
Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: DIDI, Amaze Me, BNOTP, Show & Share, Inspire MeThe Scoop, Delightsome Life H&G, TOHOTSYC Garden Party, Vintage CharmFoodie Friday & Everything Else, FNF

No comments:

Post a Comment