Thursday, March 22, 2018

Majolica Spring Tablescape

Spring is finally here, and I'm thrilled at the prospects of days getting longer, birds and bunnies nesting, landscape flowers growing, and a general feeling of brightness everywhere. Spring is my favorite season, and I'm celebrating with a table full of bright colors of majolica, all of which make me happy in this season I so love.
I couldn't wait to set a table with the recent additions of majolica I added to my dish collection. I shared about it all (and more) in this post.
All the things I mentioned in the intro are here on the table - birds, bunnies (well, if you consider the napkins 😉), flowers, and plenty of bright and cheery color. My plate stack began with a new (old) majolica basket weave green dinner plate, trimmed with a rim of leaves.
I then layered on salad plates, two of which are the same bird motif, and two others in various leaf and floral designs.
My Tiffany 'Blackberry' majolica tea set was sourced in 2016, and was styled in my sunroom last summer, along with other majolica plates in my varied collection. My majolica is not all one pattern (other than the matching basket weave dinner plates and two bird salads), nor is it all from any one country. That's the beauty in collecting - just go where your eye leads you, and soon you'll find you have similar color or themes that coordinate for a nice variety. Majolica can be very expensive, but a big part of my thrill is in finding a good deal.
The center bowl is also part of my latest majolica, and it's being used as the vessel for my centerpiece flowers.
The cold beverage service is vintage Blenko - a light aqua, classic decanter and coordinating, crackle glass tumblers. The aqua, two-piece butter server is Depression-era glass (seen pictured with dinner plate in earlier photo). Another majolica serving piece is used on the table, which has a three-dimensional cherry blossom branch over leaf design. The napkins are a simple duck cloth, folded in the shape of bunnies (see instructional video below, under the source list).
Salt and peppers in the shape of birds find their way to many a tablescape of mine in the spring/summer seasons.
The tablecloth is a fabulous vintage cotton with intricate cutwork and crocheted lace. Ivory flatware enhances the fresh and clean appearance, as do the cups and saucers from another china set.
I hope this table has inspired you, and given you ideas on how to mix vintage with new, found with purchased items, intended uses with repurposed ones.
Majolica Spring Tablescape Source List
Tablecloth, Napkins, Blenko Glassware, Majolica, Mikasa 'Magnolia' China, bird salt & peppers (silverplate) - all vintage finds
'Sophia' Flatware - Horchow
Flowers - Kroger's
Bunny napkin fold instructional video:
To see more spring table inspiration, look no further than the list of other bloggers below. Chloe Crabtree of Celebrate and Decorate is once again graciously serving as the host of this group and this week of table inspiration. It pleases me greatly to participate with this group of talented ladies and sharing of our ideas with you, all of our readers. The links will take you directly to each blogger's table for various spring ideas.
Monday
Red Cottage Chronicles | Everyday Living | Belle Blue Interiors  | Home is Where The Boat Is | |From My Carolina Home
Tuesday
Life and Linda | Our Crafty Mom | Corner of Plaid and Paisley | The Little Yellow Corner Store
Wednesday
Bluesky at Home | A casa di Bianca | The Painted Apron | At Home with Jemma | Knock it Off Kim
Thursday
Panoply (you are here!) | My French Twist | Around my Table | Loveland Lodge
 Friday
Rustic & Refined | Celebrate & Decorate | Living With Thanksgiving |  Me and My Captain
Thank you for joining me today. Leave your comment and let me know you were here - I love engaging in the conversation!  I hope you'll return and visit again, and perhaps subscribe to my posts if you find my topics are of interest to you.
Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: One More TimePieced Pastimes, Best of the Weekend, Amaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Show & ShareInspire MeMake it PrettyThe ScoopDagmar's HomeCelebrate Your Story,SYS, SYCDelightsome Life H&GGrace at Home, Vintage CharmSpring & Easter Joy Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment