Monday, November 4, 2019

Forest Walk Thanksgiving Tablescape

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my blog, Panoply. Today I am setting a forest walk table with Thanksgiving in mind, but it could just as easily be a 'Friends'giving or any other autumn table gathering.
I am one of several stylists bringing you what hopes to be a week full of inspiration for your autumn holiday table gatherings, organized by Chloe Crabtree of Celebrate and Decorate. A complete list of those participating is near the end of this post, and I will update the list daily for your convenience. I've also included a source list so you can see how I've put together various elements to create this table - some vintage, some new, some individually handcrafted, some mass-produced.
As an antiques dealer, I most always will include vintage items to put a unique spin on my tables. On this table, it's the ceramic pitcher of hunting game. This was handmade by the seller's mother in a ceramics class from the early 1970s. The mold includes a hound handle, with pheasants and rabbits adorning the exterior in a high relief design. You can see more of the type finds I source for my home and resale in this latest post, here.
The pheasant placemats seem to have been quite popular over the past few years. I sourced these last year, but find them individually versatile as bases for small table vignettes. The tablecloth is a Ralph Lauren classic paisley in fall hues, which has remained on my table through most of this season with just a few small fabric pumpkins as a vignette.
The salad plates are new this year, but a pattern I loved when Juliska first introduced it in 2015 (Forest Walk). There is quite the backstory on how these plates were acquired, which I'll save for a future Miscellaneous Musings, a topic of random thoughts shared here on my blog (click link for a sampling).
I decided to use a petite pumpkin patch as guest favors in this tablescape. Each pumpkin is handcrafted from vintage needlepoints of yesteryear. They blend with the sage greens found in both the tablecloth and the eucalyptus garland. Natural deer sheds and pine cones were added to the garland, which is draped in an S-curve on the table, for a richer, fuller look.
Mixed metals mingle comfortably on the table: vintage brass candlesticks, copper peat pots holding the napkins, copper mule mugs for soup, and brushed gold flatware. Napkins are folded in a simple turkey feather fold, held with faux horn rings. The orange glasses are actually acrylic. The pumpkin tureen is at the ready for serving a warm, seasonal soup.
Different angles of the sun coming through our windows has been a continual study for me since moving into our loft in spring 2019. I particularly favored the angle of light below, as it cast a glow on the Asian byobu screen on the wall, the corner vitrine, and the table itself. 
Thanksgiving is a reflective season of year in many aspects: in nature, in relationships, and in one's individual life. I hope your Thanksgiving is one reflecting joy throughout your various seasons.
Source List
(NOTE: I am a non-affiliate blogger, which means I do not allow sponsored advertising or posts, nor do I receive revenue through my blog. Links provided are simply ones I've purchased from.)
Pheasant Feather Placemats, Orange acrylic 'glasses', Horn Napkin Rings  - Pier 1
Hammered Copper Mugs - local overstock auction house
Dinner Plates - Pfaltzgraff Filigree
Salad Plates - Juliska Forest Walk (eBay)
Cream Pumpkin Tureen, Ladle - BHG for WalMart
Eucalyptus garland, Gold Flatware - Target
Paisley Tablecloth - Ralph Lauren Laveen (eBay)
Upcycled Needlepoint Pumpkin Favors - sm Wollman Designs
Felted Wool Pumpkins, Acorns - Etsy StoneHouseCrafts
Ceramic Pitcher, Brass Candle Lanterns, Napkins, Deer Sheds, Copper Peat Pots - Vintage Finds
Pine Cones - Nature
If you have some leisure time this week, I can assure you you'll find some inspiring ideas with all the stylists' tables linked below. Thank you for your time spent here today, and I hope you'll return again soon. Your comments are always welcome, and I try to respond to each one, either by email or here on the blog (if you are a no-reply commenter).

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday


39 comments:

  1. Such unique colors on your table...I love the green garland and the new dishes are so pretty....Love seeing this pic of your dining area and you seem to be all settled in (and can find all your dishes!!) . This is the perfect fall tablescape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ceramic pitcher stole my heart. That hound handle! I love how it depicts the hound delivering the prey with pheasants and rabbits hanging downward. I think the crafter was quite talented.
    Paisley and I have been in love for many years so I adore your tablecloth the most an how wonderful that you have been enjoying it all season. I really like your idea of using the copper mule mugs for soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table itself if beautiful -- lovely dishes (I used to have those placemats!) Oh, glorious. But when I saw the whole-room pic and how the table looked by your Asian panel piece, I just shook my head in awe at how perfect it looked. Honestly, you could serve soup from a can at your TG table and no one would care, it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, your forest walk table is so lovely and elegant. You've truly captured the essence of fall in such a beautiful way, my Friend! Great idea to use the mule mugs for soup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning dear Rita... Your table is breathtaking... I love every detail!! And that antique pitcher is a beauty. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I so enjoy your tables and the unique pieces you bring to them. The hunting pitcher is so charming and would definitely be my husband's favorite. The pheasant placemats and gorgeous salad plates are perfect coordinating pieces with your theme. I love how the sun brings an end of the day calm to your table and room. It is like walking through the woods at the end of a day. Beautiful. It is a pleasure to blog hop with you each and every time. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Rita, your inspiration pitcher is quite unique! The dog handle! The eclectic blend of vintage finds combine into a wonderful Autumn and Thanksgiving table!
    The pheasant place mats are stunning, and those mini needlepoint pumpkins have me swooning... I also love love the copper mugs and pumpkin tureen, beautiful!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty table with all the layers and fall colors. And how nice that you used vintage items that have a story behind them. I love that ceramic pitcher! Beautiful job!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, what a wonderful, unique table loaded with rich details! You are a shopper, finder par excellence! I love Juliska dishes, but have found them too pricey for my budget. Those plates you found on eBay are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to "hear" the story on how you acquired them. And that pitcher with the fabulous handle. A one of a kind treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that pitcher definitely catches the eye and what an interesting handle. I haven't seen placemats like yours before and I will be on the look out for something similar. The layering and all of the fall elements combine for a very cozy setting. Have a peaceful and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, I was immediately drawn to the ceramic pitcher, it is stunning and unusual. My beloved mother made so many lovely ceramic items, but I have never seen this one before. I love your Juliska salad plates and can’t wait to read about how you got them. Your table is beautiful with the vintage, antique, and new. Your tables always spark my interest because they are well thought out and full of details. Your table is warm and welcoming and I would love to sit there and enjoy a meal and conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita,you have so many wonderful pieces. I bet as an antique dealer, you have come across some treasure. I love the pheasant placemats, as I have some too. The Juliska salad plates are so lovely. The pitcher is stunning and so unique. Love the pumpkin tureen. A beautiful and inviting table for your guests to enjoy. I hope you are settled. A pleasure to join you Rita. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is my kind of table, Rita. the nature theme with those amazing plates is so perfect for Autumn. and oh my goodness that pitcher is a rare find. gorgeous! I miss being a dealer since I'm not out actively looking, since once-in-a-rare-while we come across a beautiful piece. love everything about wonderful table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muted colors make for a lovely and soothing table! I like how you add vintage or antique items that really individualize your tables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, thank you for joining me here at my Forest Walk table. It's a pleasure having you!

      Delete
  15. Rita, what a pretty table. I love the salad plates and that pitcher is awesome!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Rita, I love everything about this table. First, I have to say the pitcher with the hound handle is stunning and makes a wonderful conversation piece for your guests. Interesting, we both enjoyed ceramic art and classes, me when I was young. Love the classic cloth and the placemats. Beautiful combo. And, your Juliska Forrest Walk addition is icing on the cake. One of my favorite Juliska patterns and perfect for fall. Lovely table Rita. Happy November.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rita, I always enjoy seeing what vintage items you include in your tables! Your game pitcher is so unique with the hound handle and pheasants. RL always makes a beautiful tablecloth and paisley is such a classic pattern as a foundation for your pheasant placemats. I have Juliska Forest Walk dish envy! The vintage needlepoint pumpkins make the perfect accent for the plates with the color blending perfectly with your garland. So happy to join you at the table and blog hop with you this week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has to be one of my favorite tables for fall. The new dishes are lovely, and the pitcher is awesome! I took ceramics in the 70's with my mom and two sisters, but was inexperienced and would not have tackled a pitcher like that. Wish I had! I've always admired those placemats, and the layering is very inviting. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita, your table is lovely. My favorites are the tablecloth, the wonderful ceramic pitcher and the Juliska plates - all are stars. Happy November to you and your family, Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dining room looks very pretty with the forest table setting. The ceramic pitcher is really cool and I love the plates. Love how you layer things. It all looks great.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely table complete with so many beautiful treasures I love. The ceramic pitcher is so unique and perfect for fall. I love hunting themed decor and it is always perfect for Thanksgiving. I admired your hunting and equestrian treasure in your booth!

    The pheasant placemats are perfect for Thanksgiving, and the classic Ralph Lauren tablecloth is a wonderful base for your elegant design.

    I hope you enjoy your first Thanksgiving in the loft!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rita, oh my gosh, you have such pretty things with such wonderful history. I did not know that you were an antique dealer, but I’m not one bit surprised. You have such impeccable taste and your tablescape reflects your style so well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an interesting theme, beautifully done for Thanksgiving! Love the vintage and antique pieces you add to your settings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, peaceful, just gorgeous. I think I would forget to eat seated at your table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Kathy, I'd make sure your belly was as full as your eyes. Thanks for your visit and comment. :)

      Delete
  25. What a beautiful table you’ve fashioned, Rita! That put her is so unique, and the mini needlepoint pumpkin favors are such a thoughtful touch. Your tables are always so unique with the pieces you’ve collected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my fingers meant to say, that pitcher is so unique! Lol!

      Delete
  26. Rita, what a stunning Thanksgiving tablescape your have styled! Those salad plates are so lovely, I had to share them over on Instagram! The tablecloth is one of my favorites! Such a perfect blending of pattern and colors for the season! Thank you so much for joining another hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your tablescape is lovely, Rita! And I love all the vintage items you used to create a dramatic, yet elegant effect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rita, This is the first chance I've had to look at some of my favorite blogs since all the activity this week. I'm really loving the pottery vase with the hound handle. How beautiful. Every looks stunning for a Thanksgiving dinner at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Rita, this table is lovely! The paisley Ralph Lauren tablecloth is the perfect backdrop for those beautiful plates. I just love the acorn and twig pattern. And the vintage hunting game pitcher is so cool! I used to have an American Foxhound, so I'm always drawn to items with hunting scenes. Those pumpkins made from vintage needlepoint are so unique! Your guests will be thrilled to take one home. The pinecones and deer sheds are a perfect choice for your nature walk theme. Very well Done! It's always fun hopping with you :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning table Rita! I love those pheasant feather placemats, and the workmanship on that beautiful pitcher is so beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. Your color pallet is so calming and relaxing and would make me want to sit and style awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your vintage lovelies are such a grand statement on your beautiful table, the hunting pitcher is amazing. Your talents for tablescaping show in every detail,and I am a wee bit envious of the pumpkin soup turin ( wink). The feathers tickled my funny bone and the forest theme and chargers give such a wonderful woods touch. Pinned and it's a pleasure to hop with you xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rita you're right about this table. The rustic woodsy feeling you've created could make this a beautiful setting for any special Fall get-together. It's one of those tables that I would love to sit at and enjoy examining all your little creative touches. There's so much to see. And so much texture beginning with the paisley tablecloth and those chargers and dishes! I'm so glad to discover your blog on this blog hop.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous table Rita! I absolutely love the ceramic pitcher. The dog handle is such a clever design element.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always set the most beautiful table, Rita! Simply gorgeous!! I feel so boring with my one set of boring Pfaltzgraff dishes....I've looked at others to have a 'change' but that seems silly when these are perfectly good....of course if I found a great set in a thrift store I'd snatch them up! I love buying old cocktail glassware in thrift stores too...it's a thrill to find beautiful old glassware at rockbottom prices!

    ReplyDelete