Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Spring / Easter Tablescape with Classic Blue & White

Happy spring, and welcome to Panoply! I am so excited that spring will officially be here this evening (and one day earlier than the norm due to it being a leap year). Although we've been having some very nice weather already, this week I'll necessarily be covering a few plants while morning lows dip below freezing. 

Today I'm also very happy to be hosting a group of table enthusiasts who are each equally excited in bringing you table designs to kick off your spring inspiration!
You'll find all the participating bloggers and their table designs in links that are listed near the end of this post. The links will take you directly to their posts of spring tablescaping.
For my own tablescape, my inspiration comes from a desire to set a classic blue and white design, but with a touch of playfulness. Its versatility is also by design, such that it can be used for either a spring or Easter table. Since Easter is so early this year, the tablescape transitions particularly well. Daffodils are blooming prolifically now in my area, so yellow is my accent today.
Last year, I found these sweet, hand-painted salad plates from an online company called Dondolo. While children's clothing is the main emphasis, the entrepreneur loves setting a beautiful table, and has offered items manufactured in her home country of Columbia. These plates were one of those items offered. I happened upon her company in one of my magazines, but cannot remember which one. The salad plate rests on a blue stripe dinner plate and Royal Check charger.
The tablecloth was also purchased last year. Often I will find individual items which, over time, eventually inspire me to put them together. That's really how this tablescape came to be. The blue glasses and napkin rings were finds from two years ago. Once the table was arranged, I used Battenburg placemats - a find from several years ago - to give the eyes a rest with the centerpiece and each place setting, apart from all the blue and white pattern play.

The daffodil arrangement (faux) in the blue and white planter was a recent find (along with a paperwhite arrangement) from an very nice, upscale estate. Fun fact: my best friend has been looking for a new home and is currently under contract at the house where this latest estate sale was hosted! Lol, that's how we ended up in the house we're in. I went to pick up an estate sale purchase, and ended up buying the home!
Bookending the floral arrangement on the table are dapper rabbits holding candy treats. Each is part of a pair called Eric and Eloise, with Eloise being a fox. Their names seem counterintuitive to me. Doesn't the bunny just look more like an Eloise? Nonetheless, I have a pair of Eric rabbits, and I also have one Eloise fox, currently on hiatus in the decor closet.
Just another pop of yellow beside each smokey blue glass is a stemmed, Mirage Yellow glass by Denby. These also came from an estate my sister in Cincinnati sourced, and I have a set of double old-fashioned glasses to match. These are mid-1970s glassware from Sweden.
My little crackled rabbit is yet another estate sale purchase, made by Dedham Pottery of Massachusetts in the mid-1980s. Equally sweet as the hand-painted salad plates are the white seersucker napkins, also from Dondolo, and the decoupaged wooden eggs used as guest takeaways.
I picked up the live potted daffodils while at the grocery a couple weeks ago and placed the pot on the credenza across from the table. The placemat is a nod to St. Patrick's Day. March has everything I love, particularly with Easter's timing this year. St. Patrick's Day, spring, my oldest daughter's birthday, and our anniversary, which was at the start of the month - my favorite time of year! Seeing the daffodils as first blooms in my own landscape honestly makes me giddy.
While it warmed to 80° this past week, I took advantage of the time in the landscape and already planted the store-bought daffodils next to my concrete reader boy on the north side. Last year I dug up several daffodils that were randomly blooming and planted them together, and hope they will naturalize. I want more!
I hope you enjoyed today's tablescape, and leave with a feeling of spring fever. If that's the case, I have just the remedy - a bushel more of inspiration in the links below! 
As with all my tablescapes, I like to provide sources. This may give you ideas for finding similar items (when vintage, eBay, Etsy or Poshmark are good places to look). However, I am a non-revenue producing blog, so the sources are simply a courtesy for you. Listing these also helps me in future tablescaping. I can just search on my own blog to find elements used in prior table settings to be able to provide consistent labeling (and prompt myself for ideas again!). 

Spring / Easter Tablescape with Classic Blue & White Source List
Charger plates (Royal Check) - MacKenzie-Childs
Dinner Plates (Laura Ashley), Tablecloth (Rachel Ashwell)- HomeGoods
Salad Plates, Seersucker napkins - Dondolo
Flatware (Fortessa Luca) - Horchow
Smoky blue glasses (Libbey, USA), Mirage yellow stems (Denby, Sweden), napkin rings, floral arrangement, white Battenburg placemats, blue & white crackle rabbit (Dedham Pottery) - estate sale finds
Blue & white decoupaged eggs - Nora Murphy 
Brass bunnies (Eric) - Darby Creek Trading

I hope you'll enjoy all the table aesthetes who've joined me today to bring you spring and Easter ideas!

Hyacinths for the Soul - March into Spring
Home is Where the Boat Is - Easter Bunnies, Chicks, and Blooms
Life and Linda - Hippity Hoppity Tablescape
My Thrift Store Addiction - Birds and Blooms Spring Tea Party
The Cat's Whiskerz - Hello Spring
Belle Bleu Interiors - Bunnies and Blooms
Thrifting Wonderland - Simple Bunny Table Setting
The Painted Apron - Bunnies in Bloom!
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Spring Sprouts New Life
Red Cottage Chronicles - Spring Fling Tablescape
The Bookish Dilettante - Spring  Tablescape: Bookish Bunnies


Please do let me know you stopped by my blog today by leaving a comment. If you show up as anonymous, please add a comment to know who you are! And tell me - has spring sprung in your region? What flowers are blooming near and around you, or in your garden?

If you're new to my blog, welcome! And if you're a return visitor, thank you for your loyal readership. Happy spring!πŸŒ·πŸ’œπŸŒΏπŸ£πŸͺ»πŸ’—πŸ‡πŸŒΏ

29 comments:

  1. Good Morning Rita, I love your blue and white table with your cheery addition of sunny yellow daffodils. Your daffodils look so real, not faux! Blue and white is so classic and versatile for any time of year. Such sweet handpainted blue and white plates with bunnies framed by those handsome Royal Check chargers. Your blue and white bunny tablecloth is the perfect foundation for your table… I’m a firm believer of ‘should have bought it when you saw it’ and often pick up a tablecloth that doesn’t make its debut for a year later. Your Dedham Pottery bunny is such a sweet touch, I remember them from their 80s heyday and your bunny pair offering candy eggs do look more like Eloises than Erics 😊.
    How funny both you and your bestie both ending up buying the houses where you picked up estate sale purchases…what a boon for the sellers! As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table. Thanks so much for all your organizing efforts for these hops. Happy Spring! 🐰 πŸ‡πŸ£ πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and white table you have set Rita, it is so Springlike and with the touch of yellow, one can not help but think of Spring. Your MC charger plates go well with the Libby smoky blue water glasses. And the Battenburg placemats are a perfect choice with your blue and white Rachel Ashwell tablecloth. The blue and white crackle bunny is adorable as are the Nora Murphy decoupaged eggs!

    Your front walk is beautiful and all the work you have done since buying the house is coming together nicely and your photos would make for a lovely magazine cover.
    I love that you bought the house after an estate sale. We actually bought our home sight unseen while living in Seattle. We did see a a short video but as you know videos can be mis-leadng. We didn't see it physically for almost two months after closing; but it all makes for interesting stories to tell of the backgrounds of house buying.

    As far as weather, here in Florida...it has been Spring for quite some time but we do not have the Spring flowers you have up North.

    Thanks for organizing and herding together this bunch of table stylists. I have done it before and it is not as easy as you make it appear. Blessings and Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Rita. It is a frosty morning here with buds probably nipped. I adore a blue and white table with a pop of yellow! I would not have recognized that the daffodils were faux, amazingly real! The hand-painted salad plates are beautiful and your pairing with the striped Laura Ashley dinner plates, and the MC Royal Check chargers is stunning. What a lovely find at Home Goods of the Rachel Ashwell blue and white bunny tablecloth. Don’t you love when a table just falls into place?? I don’t think I was aware of you going to an estate sale and then buying the home!!

    I love the collage of your front walk! You have done an amazing job with the gardens and I look forward to seeing more garden posts. Thank you for organizing the hop and your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not feeling 'blue' when i look at this table!! The daffodils make this a happy table! I see we have matching Dedham Pottery bunnies! Your napkins are so pretty and I adore your tablecloth! Happy Spring (we woke up to huge snowflakes falling!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet friend. I love the blue and white with the pop of yellow in the daffodils . That blue and white table cloth is so pretty. It is all so springy and cute for Easter. Have a great week. We are back to winter here in Illinois. Snow Ugh!!!!! Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think anything says Spring the way daffodils do, Rita, they instantly sing Spring is in the air! All the blue and white brings warm weather and blue skies to mind~ I love the plate stack with the pattern mix, decoupaged wood egg and the tablecloth is wonderful too. The faux daffodils in your centerpiece look so real! I love all your cute bunnies too. You have been busy in your garden, everything looks so pretty! Thank you so much for another wonderful hop and Happy Spring!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful table, Rita!!!! Your gorgeous blue and white setting with the happy pop of yellow just sings to me!!! Your splendid placesettings compliment your tablecloth perfectly. Daffodils make me happy as well, being one of the first blooming signs of warmer days. I love your walkwayπŸ’œπŸ’›how beautiful!!! Such a lovely welcome!! I hope all your March celebrations brIng you many blessings. Thank you for the kind words😘 have a wonderful spring and Easter ✝️πŸ’πŸ‡πŸ€

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful table, those daffodils look real! Gorgeous brightness of yellow with the blue is so appealing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita I have 12 blue and white place settings of different makers of china, thanks to TJMax and HomeGoods. Took me a couple of years to accumulate but certainly less money than a traditional 12 place settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love HomeGoods and TJ Maxx! It's totally worth buying in small lots for lots of savings, and I love mixing up patterns! Happy spring!

      Delete
  10. Rita, you have wowed me with all this charming blue and white. You know it is a favorite for me! Where to start? The tablecloth pulls me right in with those cute bunnies hopping about. I can totally see how the plates and linens from Columbia found their way to your home. They are perfect for this table. The detail on the linen napkins pulls at my heartstrings. Royal Check chargers are a perfect base for your pretty dish stack. Don't you love how we can pull in our MKC checks with almost anything in our dish closets? I discovered Dedham Pottery the first time I visited the Cape. I've given most of my pieces to a friend who lives on the Cape and collects, but I kept a small pitcher that I like to fill with flowers. I think it just might need some daffodils! I have a house guest arriving today, so fresh flowers are on my shopping list. Love the yellow accents with your blue and white theme.
    Thank you for organizing these great holidays hops. It's always a pleasure to join you and the other stylists. So much creative energy in our blogging community. Thank you for including me. Happy First Day of Spring!
    Thank you f

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rita, your crisp blue and white table setting just sings "spring!" I love every detail from the tablecloth and plate stacks to the eggs--beautiful! And what lovely daffodils! Thanks again for hosting us and Happy Spring to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blue, white and pop of yellow combination in your lovely tablescape! Our garden here in NC has been producing daffodils for almost 4 weeks now. Katie can't resist buying bulbs, so we have a load of them. She brings some inside for a little bit of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous Rita! Blue and white is one of my favorite combinations, and the yellow centerpiece took my breath away! Totally beautiful! Thank you so much for another wonderful blog hop! You are a fabulous organizer, and I'm thrilled to be sharing this one with you. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita, I love your elegant blue and white tablescape: It is stunning! Such a pretty color combination for spring, and all the elements compliment each other nicely. My favorite things are: the ruffled white napkins edged in blue; the MacKenzie-Childs royal check chargers; and the centerpiece. I love the pop of yellow, and I'm stunned that the daffodils are faux! They look so real. I like your real ones outside, too. As always, thank you so much for hosting these blog hop parties. I truly enjoy them!

    Happy spring!
    ~RJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, Rita. The blue and white pairs perfectly with that beautiful daffodil centerpiece. I adore it all!! Your bunny tablecloth is wonderful and sets the stage for all the amazing accessories! Happy Spring and Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rita! I love love blue and white so much! This is such a pretty spring table. Love your estate sale find of the bunny. Great idea to give decoupaged eggs as a gift for your guests. My daffodils are just now coming up, we have had gorgeous weather yesterday and today but more snow is coming :( . Happy Anniversary and thank you for hosting another amazing blog hop!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at "blue and white" one of my all time favorite color combinations for a table setting. Giving us a glimpse or your front garden is a special treat. Can't wait to get out and work in mine. Loved the use of yellow as a complimenting color and the daffodils were gorgeous. I especially liked the "crackle" bunny. Such fun to have so many bunnies help set the mood for Spring.

    Thanks so much for putting together this lovely table hop. You are the consummate organizer. Everything came together perfectly.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blue and white table is so classic looking, Rita, and the yellow just adds the right spark. I love the plate stack, your beautiful tablecloth, and the use of Battenburg placemats at each setting. The faux daffodils are gorgeous! I’m sure your hubby will be nibbling at those candies you have on the table. It looks like Springtime at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always loved blue and white together with yellow and your setting today is what makes me happy! Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you my favorite flower is a daffodil! The bright yellow daffs bring a special touch to blue and white. I know how you love to get in the garden and the warm days last week felt like summer here rather than spring. You have a lovely entry Rita, love how you garden! Happy spring sweet friend.........

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rita, this table is gorgeous! The blue and white theme is so crisp and bright and the pops of yellow are perfect for spring. I love the daffodils and like others, I had no idea they were faux. The patterns on the plate stack look marvelous together and those sweet bunny salads were a great find. The tablecloth is a wonderful backdrop with all those romping bunnies. Your walkway looks beautiful. I didn't realize that tonight was actually the first day of spring. We have a weather event starting tonight with much snow on the way. Happy gardening and happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rita, my eyes were dancing around your table with delight! Those hand painted plates are quite a find. The little bunny in the middle is so cute. Your tablecloth is stunning and I would be inclined to leave it on the table all spring. I love the brass bunnies holding the candy. The pop of yellow from your centrepiece is like the icing on the cake! And, to see the beautiful walkway to your door already studded with spring blooms is such an uplifting site as Mother Nature is playing a joke on us with spring starting today and snow blowing sideways!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy spring, Rita! First, your spring flower gardens are gorgeous! What a wonderful welcome to spring. Your blue and white table makes my heart sing. The new salad plates are so pretty, and the potted daffodil centerpiece is so striking with the blue and white. I would have never known that the daffodils were faux if you wouldn't have told us. The blue and white tablecloth provides such a beautiful backdrop to your lovely table. Wishing you a most blessed and wonderful spring season! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy spring Rita. Your yard looks fabulous with the spring blooms, so welcoming.
    The faux daffodils look so real on your table. I adore blue and white. The hand painted plates are so pretty and unique and look lovely with the striped Laura Ashley dinner plates. Love the crackle bunny. Those two bunnies holding treats are darling. I saw similar ones on Amazon. A pretty table to welcome spring is always a treat to see. Always a pleasure to hop along with you. Thank you for keeping us organized.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Rita! Love the blue and white theme with touches of yellow! That daffodil arrangement is fabulous! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful table...love the pops of yellow! Have a wonderful Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Four star fabulous, Rita! Blue and white has always been a favorite of mine but I love it even more with the bright bursts of yellow from the daffodils. They are one of my favorite flowers! Those bunny plates are terrific and your bowl of pretty blue eggs is the loveliest touch. I hope you share this with guests; they'll be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rita, I always love blue and white tablescapes for how calming they feel. Then to see the jolt of yellow! Marvelous! I love how you mixed patterns and items from different sources, eras and design sensibilities. I was especially smitten by the crackled bunny from Dedham Pottery. This will be a wonderful table to use all season long! Have a wonderful Spring

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning, dear Rita... you had quite the week last week! Migraines are the worst! You have outdone yourself, once again! Your table is my blue and white dream. Those blue and white plates are to die for. I stopped over at Dondolo and when I hit the link for plates it was blank. I then spent the next 35 minutes lost in the baby girl section. My granddaughter would thank you for that if she could talk. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete