Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Summer Meadow Bistro Tablescape

Hello, and welcome to Panoply! Today I'm sharing a summer alfresco tablescape - the Panoply bistro is open!
Please join me as eighteen table artists join me in bringing you a number of entertaining ideas in this summer tablescape blog hop. Links to all the table designers' posts can be found later in this post.

I've really been busy in my landscape the past couple of months, and now I am ready to relax and enjoy it. I recently brought out my bistro table and chairs, along with my umbrella, and placed them on the south side of the garden early one recent morning. I bought these two years ago for our first summer in this cottage home. This little circle is a location close to kitchen entry, as well as a spot to view my garden beds in two different directions.
I set the table for myself and my girlfriend for just a casual lunch.

Using salad plates with an array of flowers in two different patterns in the purchased set of four, I placed them atop red-orange rimmed dinner plates and a playful polka dot tablecloth. The colors of the salad plates feel and look like how they're described by Pottery Barn - Meadow. 
The natural jute placemats and bamboo flatware are in keeping with an easy, summer feeling.
The delicately preserved wildflowers in the brass-framed glass napkin rings were a thoughtful gift from my oldest daughter at Christmas. They surround a napkin with coordinating floral motif. 
My bee glassware is quite fitting, while my garden frog prince looks on wistfully just beyond the table setting.
Directly behind the bistro are my yellow evening primrose in bloom. You can also see a few blooms on the clematis on the trellis against the fence. Within this batch of primrose my orange poppies finished blooming just shortly before the yellow blooms opened. The glass art is from one of my glassmaking artist friends in Arizona, Mary Nunn. 

With blooms and greens surrounding us and Meadow blooms on the plates, I opted out of placing any additional flowers on the table. Bees were enjoying the blooms while we sat at the table. 
This bumble bee pictured in this photo sequence was having a real buffet among the blooms!
He was so full of collected pollen, he could barely fly.
He entertained us for quite a while, just buzzing from flow to flower.
On this day, my friend brought me this container pictured below as a present. I love those dwarf papyrus (Queen Tut) that shoot out like miniature fireworks. 
And she also brought this container over for me to house sit while she's away on vacation. Hers goes well with the bistro setting I have with its warm colors, doesn't it?
As with all my tablescapes, I like to provide sources. This may give you ideas for finding similar items (when vintage, eBay, Etsy or Poshmark are good places to look). I'm a non-revenue producing blog, so the sources are simply a courtesy for you. Listing these also helps me in future tablescaping. I can just search on my own blog to find elements used in prior table settings to be able to provide consistent labeling (and prompt myself for ideas again!). 

Source List for Summer Meadow Bistro Tablescape
Tablecloth (Kate Spade), Napkins (April Cornell) - Home Goods
Dinner Plates - Dollar Tree
Salad Plates (Meadow) - Pottery Barn
Napkin Rings - Gift
Bee Glassware (La Rochere) - Sur La Table
Bistro Table, Bamboo Flatware - Amazon
Bistro Chairs - Big Lots
Bistro Umbrella - Lowe's
I hope you'll enjoy all the table aesthetes who've joined me today to bring you summer entertaining ideas! The links below will take you directly to each one. Relax and enjoy!

🌞Panoply (you are here!) - Summer Meadow Bistro Tablescape
🌞Hyacinths for the Soul - Summer Whimsy Tablescape
🌞Home is Where the Boat Is - Stars and Stripes Alfresco Tablescape
🌞The Bookish Dilettante - Red, White and Blue Summertime Tablescape
🌞My Thrift Store Addiction - Flower Fairies in the Garden Summer Tablescape
🌞Life and Linda - A Margaritaville Party
🌞The Cat's Whiskerz - A Tropical Tablescape for Summer
🌞The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Fourth of July Tablescape - A Star Performance
🌞Pandora's Box - Pineapple Delight
🌞Thrifting Wonderland - Morning Tea in the Garden
🌞Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Summer Road Trip
🌞The Painted Apron - Summer Sea Shells
🌞Red Cottage Chronicles - Summer Afternoon Tea Party Ideas
🌞Dinner at Eight - Summertime Gardens for the Table
🌞Belle Bleu Interiors - An Early Summer Tablescape in the Garden
🌞Celebrating Everyday Life - Simple Homespun Patriotic Table Decor
🌞Me and My Captain - Small Backyard Space? Come Sit By Me

Please do let me know you stopped by my blog today by leaving a comment. If you show up as anonymous, please add a comment to know who you are! And tell me - has summer weather arrived in your region? What flowers are blooming near and around you, or in your garden? Do you have plans to vacation or staycation?

If you're new to my blog, welcome! And if you're a return visitor, thank you for your loyal readership. Have a safe summer!🏖️🩴🌻🌞





29 comments:

  1. Good morning Rita, I adore your bistro setting with your chairs and umbrella! Such a cozy niche you’ve carved out for outdoor dining and a table for two to enjoy your garden blooms. I could see myself enjoying coffee there in the mornings or an evening cocktail. Your polka dot tablecloth provides the perfect foundation for your colorful Pottery Barn ‘Meadow’ plates. Your La Rochere Bee Glasses are certainly appropriate and I love the captures of your bumble bee…what a pollen fest he’s enjoying! Your frog prince makes me smile perched behind your colorful container and your friend’s pot you're plant sitting. I need a plant sitter to water if we go out of town for a few days with our 90-degree temps…summer has definitely arrived for us and I have to confess I’m dreading the heat and humidity to come! Thank you so much for your continued organizing efforts for these hops. I so appreciate you! As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table. Happy Tuesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming Bistro - I love Chez Rita!!! All of your details are so sweet and lovely. That bee is hysterical... The plates are so pretty but I think my favorite detail is the napkin ring that your daughter gave you! So unique and lovely and made all the more special because they were a gift from her. Thanks for teaching me the name of the dwarf papyrus (Queen Tut)! I have some that came in a mixed planter that I disassembled and I wondered what it was called. You're right, it does look like little fireworks! So festive for the season!! I hope you have a wonderful summer. Thank you again for organizing this wonderful hop! I'm off to see the other tables :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, this is such a fun and festive table! The bistro table looks cozy tucked into the corner of your garden. I know you are in your element gardening on a smaller scale than your former home. The polka dot tablecloth sets the mood for your table. I know your friend enjoyed lunch in your garden. The PB Meadow salad plates stand out against the red-orange dinner plate. The preserved wildflowers in the brass-framed glass napkin rings steal my heart. This was a perfect gift from your oldest daughter! Wow, the yellow primrose is striking next to your table. I would certainly enjoy being a guest at your bistro table!

    Thank you for all you do to insure a successful blog hop!
    Pam @ Everyday Living
    Not sure why I am showing anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, if you are using an iPad, go to Settings on your browser and make sure your browser is set to allow cross-tracking. Blogger requires third parties for commenting.

      Delete
  4. So pretty and inviting Rita....Love your table for two. I enjoyed the bee and it was almost like I could see the little insect flitting from flower to flower. What great pics. And the brass-framed glass napkin rings are so unique and what a thoughtful gift from your daughter. I enjoy seeing how your garden is growing and I especially loved your "prince charming"...he is so cute. Your table setting is inviting and I would enjoy sitting under the umbrella chatting with you about all you have done in the garden planting since you moved. I am envious of your energy and dedication. Hugs dear friend and thanks for organizing yet another blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, your meadow bistro setting is just beautiful! I am absolutely smitten with your delicate preserved wildflower napkin rings--pinned! Your garden is lovely and I would love to pull up a chair to your pretty table. Thanks so much for hosting us, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to join you for lunch at your pretty bistro garden table Rita! Such a lovely and welcoming table for two, I love the polka dot tablecloth and the floral plates and napkins. The napkin rings are so unique, I've never seen anything like them! The bee glasses are perfect and what fun to have a bee entertain you! I am so glad you can sit back and relax enjoying your garden after all your hard work. Thank you so much for another great tablescape blog hop!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty setting! I adore your tablecloth as I love polka dots almost as much as checks - lol. the dishes are perfect for summer, the napkin rings are so unique and your setting is so pretty among your flowers. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful table Rita. I adore your darling bistro set. So perfect for dining alfresco for two. The polka dot tablecloth adds some fun whimsy along with the pretty “Meadow” floral plates. Such a unique napkin ring your daughter gifted you. The La Rochere bee goblets are the perfect touch along with the busy bee entertaining you both. Both floral arrangements are stunning. Thank so much for keeping us organized on these fun tablescape blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a charming space Rita! And I love your bright polka dots and flowers. That bee is great. What fun entertainment for you, and your photos of him are gorgeous! Thanks so much for hosting the hop - I always get so much fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cozy corner to enjoy lunch for two in the garden! I love seeing the undressed table, which was cute as it was, but seeing how quickly it becomes extra special with the addition of the cute polka dot tablecloth and place settings was fun!
    Your colourful floral plates are so pretty! The napkin rings are so unique and how special they came from your daughter. What a lovely treat from your friend. The flowers are gorgeous! And, that bee! So cute. Thank you for hosting Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outdoor dining area is so pretty. I enjoy getting glimpses of your garden. I know you've worked so hard on it, My Friend, and it shows! The primroses are such a beautiful shade of yellow, and they truly are a cheerful flower. Your table is so pretty, too! I know your friend enjoyed dining with you there. My favorite things on your table are the napkin rings. Your daughter must get her eye from you because they are so pretty! I think your cute bee glassware attracted the real thing. ;P

    Thanks again for hosting these tablescape link parties. I so enjoy participating and seeing what all the other ladies put together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a welcoming and inviting table Rita! Love the polka dot tablecloth as your backdrop, and the meadow salads and flowered napkins are so pretty. The napkin rings are gorgeous - what a great find and gift from your daughter. Love the pictures of the bee - oh my goodness he is one busy one for sure. Your gardens are lovely and I'm so happy that you can relax and enjoy them after all your hard work. As always, thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outdoor setting is beautiful, Rita. All your hard work has paid off in the beautiful florals surrounding your table. Your bee pictures are really quite something. I have never seen bees covered in that much pollen. They must really love your garden. LOL. the napkin rings are so special and bring the garden to the table in a unique way. Lovely china choices for the table. Everything came together beautifully. Thanks so much for hosting the hop and for all your hard work to make it happen.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita, I'd love to lunch with you in your garden any day. What a perfect setting at the bistro table under the umbrella. The table linens are beautiful and yes, they go perfectly with the flowers your friend dropped by. How kind of you to take care of her plants. Love the napkin rings and the dried flowers under glass. The cute Pottery Barn plates and the bee glassware are perfect compliment to summer. Thanks for hosting us, Rita. You are the absolute best hostess. Have a fabulous summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Summer, Rita!!! I am sure I would enjoy an afternoon at your cute table laughing and soaking up the sunshine!! It is such a cheerful table surrounded by all your flowers. Your floral plates and napkins fit right in the lovely setting and complimented by the adorable polka dot tablecloth. I love those unique napkins rings from your daughter, what a wonderful gift!! Thank you so much for all the work you put in to pull us all together for this fun hop. I hope have a fantastic summer☀️😎

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet spot to have lunch with a good friend. Just beautiful. Love the table cloth. Your garden is really come to life in just a few short years that you have lived there. Have a great week ahead. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, Rita! Your bistro table set in your stunning garden looks perfect. What a lovely spot to enjoy lunch. Your primrose is gorgeous! The Pottery Barn plates are so pretty, and the sweet napkin rings are lovely. Your daughter has great taste, and I know you must treasure them. It is always such a joy to join you on these hops. You are such a gracious hostess. Thanks for all you do! Happy summer! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rita, The pressed flower napkin rings and the bee glassware really appeal to me. I would have to bring those home. I'm fascinated by bees and how all different types work in the flower bed together and with no squabbles. I watch them when I'm deadheading flowerheads. Fascinating creatures. I think your bistro table and chairs are set in a charming spot for having a conversation or reading a book. I was thinking, that plant baby-sitting could be a real part-time business for someone! They would, of course, have to be alive upon the owner's return and not everyone can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a happy table. I love the dotted tablecloth and those napkin rings from your daughter are so unique. I really love them -- never seen any like that before! What a beautiful setting for a friendship lunch! Everything is pretty and so garden-perfect! I loved the bee sequence, too. I love the yellow flowers beside the table and the blue and white chairs. It is a symphony of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty setting for a relaxing summer lunch. I love all the blooms, and that little bee is hilarious; what a hard working little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rita. you timed this table setting to perfectly coincide with your lovely summer garden blooms. I love a bistro set in the garden, just so French! The pretty dot tablecloth is such a pretty backdrop for your colorful dish set, love those. I love the addition of your natural jute placemats and bamboo flatware.The bee stems adds the outdoor feel, especially since they might have invited the bee for your entertainment. Most special of all are the wildflower napkin rings. Your daughter has her mom's eye. My beds are actually looking better than I anticipated this year I have some blooms and had to cut the ivy back already. Limelights are late but about to bloom and all the shrubs are still living! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden, so inspiring to me. All of your hard work shows Rita. I'm sure your friend felt very special sitting at your table....

    ReplyDelete
  22. For me, nothing beats a summer alfresco table set in the garden where you can observe the comings and goings of nature. I hope you have many more relaxing days at Panoply bistro. Like you, I watch the bees collect and get covered with pollen. I actually cheer them on! Wishing you a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rita-As always, your home is a delight for the senses. I love your new bistro table and chairs with umbrella, as they present such an inviting and welcoming touch. It makes me want to visit for a while and just sit and relax and take in the flowers. The gift from your friend is so pretty too and I have a feeling you are going to get attached to the one you are baby sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rita, you've set a charming table for two surrounded by gorgeous flowers and tiny visitors! I love the art you've added, especially the glass piece. Now to the table: the plates and napkins are wonderful additions, marrying the table to its setting. The colors are vibrant and seem to dance in the sun. I love the texture of the the placemats and the bamboo flatware against the smooth china. The heft of the glasses is perfect for alfresco dining where daintier glassware would seem out of place. And I like that there are bees on them! Thank you for organizing this wonderful hop. Enjoy your summer in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely bistro set! Your table is a breath of fresh air surrounded by pretty blooms!
    Such beautiful floral plates! Perfect for your garden area.
    Happy Week to You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I wish I had your email so I could respond directly to you, but you show as a no-reply blogger on comments. 😞Nonetheless, thank you for your visit!

      Delete
  26. Your bistro table is so inviting! Love the polka dot tablecloth, beautiful napkins and napkin rings. The plates do look like meadow flowers. That frog is so cute! The bees like that yellow primrose which is lovely. Your al fresco dining area is absolutely adorable! I'll enjoy seeing the other tablescapes this week. Last week we had a respite from the heat and humidity and took advantage of it! Happy Monday! P. S. Little J is an adorable gardener's helper on today's post! Clara❤️

    ReplyDelete