Sunday, April 17, 2016

Recent Blenko Glass Purchases

I pulled out my recent purchases from the Blenko annual warehouse sale to show you. I wanted to use them in my home decor before I showed you, but that may not happen for awhile, so here we go.

My first purchase was the classic water pitcher. I chose spring green. This is Blenko's iconic production piece, 8" tall and holds 36 oz. I have another one, purchased years ago at an estate sale, and used in a previous tablescape, here. I have sold both a cobalt blue and clover green water pitcher in the antique mall.
The second item I bought was a paper bag vase. This is a color fade of bermuda blue and spring green. It is 8.5" high. The waves you see midway through are another Blenko vase's lines in the background.

The last items I bought were these two tubs of marbles, the resultant product of a partnership between Blenko and Jabo Marble Company in late 2015. A limited production run of various colored marbles were made. My mixes include green, clear and yellow.
For now, I have loaded all my marbles in another estate find I've had for awhile. It's a hand-cut, Bohemian glass candy jar, made in Poland.
As you can see, I have a pattern to my color choices, colors I refer to as my cottage colors. They are so soothing to me, and also include yellows, aquas, faded turquoise, and whites. I'll most likely be using these new purchases in my late spring, early summer decor. Stay tuned!

Rita C. at Panoply

No comments:

Post a Comment