Sunday, July 3, 2016

Americana Cowgirl Tablescape

American Cowgirl. Boss Lady. American West. Prairie Frontier. Home on the Range. These are the ideas that were running through my head as I was recently assembling a mostly vintage tablescape I'm sharing today. I've labeled it Americana Cowgirl. It encompasses my interpretation of all of the above concepts.
When I received my swap gift from Sarah, I knew I wanted to make a tablescape with those elements.
Soon after that gift, I nabbed a set of Currier & Ives china from a neighbor/friend.
Well, then remember, I wrote about that same neighbor and how she ended up unloading yet another set of china on me the actual day of her yard sale (read that post here).
I was onto a red, white and blue Americana theme with a Boss Lady cowgirl at the reins.

My blooms from the garden - bee balm, love-in-a-mist, anemones and hydrangea - were plunked into a mason jar to become my prairie-style floral arrangement.
An "American Sweetheart" milk glass plate, married with an orphaned blue candlestick, became my upcycled pedestal.
Accenting the vintage quilt used as tablecloth, bandanas are tied to the chair backs, as well as lining the red utensil caddy on the table,
The place setting was completed with a mix of Corelle white mugs and mason jar drinking glasses,
A McCoy pitcher and Greenbrier Hotel coffee pot, glass salt & pepper shakers with red bakelite lids, and a silverplate toast rack and utensils, all vintage, round out the serving pieces used.
This tablescape came together nice and easy. It just so happens it could work for a Fourth of July celebration - maybe a breakfast or brunch with sisters or cowgal pals, and maybe even their cowboys....as long as they know who's boss!

Thank you for joining me at the table today. I appreciate your readership, and your comments are always welcome!

(A special thanks to Kathryn at the Dedicated House: Make It Pretty Monday #183 and Jill at Bella Rosa Antiques: Let's Talk Vintage #92 for featuring this tablescape. Giddyup!)
Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: One More TimeAmaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Make It Pretty, Show & ShareThe ScoopVintage Bliss Tuesdays, Thrifty & Vintage FindsCelebrate Your Story, Let's Talk Vintage, Talk of the TownSYCDelightsome Life H&GTOHOTVintage CharmFoodie Friday & Everything ElseFNF 

No comments:

Post a Comment