Friday, September 23, 2016

Early Fall Home and Garden Snippets

Truth be told, I was ready for fall before we left for our great American road trip in mid-August. Obviously, Mother Nature was not. Nonetheless, I put away my hummingbird feeders just before we left, and even brought the yard furniture and umbrellas in. Once home, I quickly changed out a few seasonal vignettes, both outdoors and in, so I could keep the feeling, even if only in my mind. Finally, it's fall.
Pumpkins were purchased the first week of September. I buy at least one mum in bud stage, and then plant it mid-November, when I typically remove the pumpkins from the porch.
A few pumpkins were added to the garden as well. Otherwise, things are quite messy in the garden by this point.
The Mexican sunflowers did NOT disappoint! Each place where I planted them (three), they grew taller than my 6' brick walled fence. I will have plenty of seeds for next year!
Happily, I could see them serving the birds, bees and butterflies too. I even saw a hummingbird on them after vacation, more than a month after I took the feeders down.
Much work needs to be done to clean up the garden, but not until it cools down. Inside, though, I played with textiles, dishes, and a few other items for an early fall flourish.
The pillow cover that looks like a miniature yo-yo quilt was purchased on our trip while shopping the Sundance Outlet in Salt Lake City. It reminded me of a collage of fallen leaves. It's made of raw edged circles of different fabrics, stitched at center like buttons.
I changed up my sideboard in the sunroom for my first fall seasonal display.
Just a few other items were sprinkled around areas of the house which see higher traffic, either in passing or by actual usage. The breakfast table....
....the dining room.
Fall is here. Let's do cozy, shall we?
I'll be participating in a blog hop of autumn-inspired tablescapes, September 26-30, hosted by Celebrate and Decorate. I hope you'll come back and see another new tablescape of mine on Thursday, September 29, as part of that series. Thanks for your visit today!

Happy Fall, Y'all!
Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: One More TimeAmaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Show & ShareMake it PrettyThe ScoopVintage Bliss Tuesdays, Thrifty & Vintage FindsCelebrate Your Story, Let's Talk VintageTalk of the TownSYCDelightsome Life H&GTOHOTVintage CharmFoodie Friday & Everything ElseFNF

No comments:

Post a Comment