Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pumpkin Cream Mist Autumn Tablescape

In early September I spotted some plates and tabletop accessories made by Better Homes and Gardens in our local WalMart called Pumpkin Cream Mist. The shelf with the plates was already bare from being sold out, so I went online to place an order as soon as I got home. I created a simple tablescape with those (salad) plates, and a couple of the tabletop accessories also purchased.
Do you remember in my post of our WV Road Trip to Cass Scenic Railroad, where I mentioned I purchased an artisan-made item in the co-op gallery there? I shared a glimpse of it then. It's the table runner you see in the photo below. I was so excited when I saw it, as it is made in the same style as the one my daughter made for my holiday table for Christmas in the Sunroom. Now I only need one for each of spring and summer. ;)
So, with the base textiles layered on the table, I added gold chargers (Dollar Tree), my everyday Pfaltzgraff dinner plates, and the BHG Pumpkin Cream Mist salad plates.
Vintage additions to the table include the Oneida flatware from the 1940's.
Other vintage additions are Lenox Impromptu brown water stems and Libbey everyday glasses with an octagonal, wood-grain for added texture (both, 1970's).
Vintage linen tea towels in fall hues of brown, apricot, forest and lime green are used as napkins, and pewter salt and peppers shaped as a pear and apple are keeping with the autumn theme. I also bought the BHG Pumpkin Cream Mist platter and tureen with ladle as serving pieces.


The traditional colors of autumn are in full force in my sunroom this year.

After the dishes were all put away, the runner was placed on my dining room table, beneath my recent rooster find.
The Pumpkin Cream Mist tureen and ladle were placed side-by-side on a folding game table in the dining room with my framed Calmady Children find. Both the rooster and Calmady Children finds were referenced in my post, here.
Are you thinking in terms of layers when it comes to autumn decor? Do you find the transitioning of the seasons something you look forward to? Which season is your favorite? I think springtime is mine, with autumn a close second.

If you'd like to see more of my tablescapes, you can type the word 'tablescapes' in the search block near the top of my sidebar, and several more should come up for you to see and read at your leisure. You can do the same with other keywords.

As always, I appreciate your visit!
Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing with any given number of these fine hosts:

No comments:

Post a Comment