Friday, July 14, 2017

A Summer Place Setting

♪♫ There's a summer place ♪♫...remember that movie and song? Ahh, the romance of summer love. Well, today it's all about a summer place....setting...as in table setting, with things I love. Let me begin by saying I love antiquing as a hobby/small business. I also love gardening, and I enjoy tablescaping with my love of dishes. So, today's table is about a summer place setting in the garden with a mix of new and vintage wares!
There's a little place in my garden, just outside the courtyard gate and beyond the trellis (which curves into the landscape)....
....where there's a clearing behind the magnolia tree. I love the space for its bird's eye view of the area surrounding, where feathered friends are active nearby (especially in the small birdbath), and also beyond, where the garden beds are. It is here that I created a summer place setting.
I hung a vintage chandelier I had in storage to catch the filtered sunlight over the planned table.
I then pulled out a vintage European linen sheet with a fabulously large monogram as my drape for the small table I planned - a table for two.
Romancing the scene are my International 'Prelude' flatware and Noritake 'Reverie' plates. Grounding the place setting are MacKenzie-Childs 'Courtly Check' chargers and 'Thistle and Bee' bread and butter plates.

Completing the place settings are Merimekko acrylic stemware, along with black linen Napoleon bee napkins (French Gardenhouse), caught in the curling vines of the blown glass flower napkin rings made by a local artisan.
Rolled pillows in toile and linen covers provide lumbar support in the wrought iron seating.
A bouquet of fresh-cut garden flowers in a crystal vase is the finishing touch to the intimate setting.

The shade of the magnolia provides respite from the summer sun, while still enjoying the view of the garden blooms beyond. The umbrella over the chaise lounges in the yard teases with its pool of additional shade.
What better way to enjoy the fruits of spring labor in the garden than to have an alfresco meal in the shade, with a bird's eye view of it all in summer?
I hope you enjoyed the view from my summer place in the garden. If this is your first visit to my blog, I welcome you and invite your return. My topics - including love of antiques, gardening and tablescaping - can be viewed and sorted at the top menu of my blog header. You can also use my search block for topics, or scroll through the labels on the sidebar. If you have similar interests, why not let's chat? Let me know you were here, either by leaving a comment or dropping me a line via my email. If you have a blog, I'd love to drop in and visit you too.

This week I am joining all the bloggers conveniently listed below, where you can simply click on any - or all - to see each person's interpretation of a summer-themed tablescape. A heartfelt thank you to Chloe from the blog Celebrate and Decorate for organizing and hosting this roundup!



Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday


Your visit, whether old friend or new, is appreciated!
Rita C. at Panoply

2 comments: