Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Morn Checks and Plaids Tablescape

One Christmas tradition my husband and I have is hosting a big huge buffet dinner for all my immediate family and their kids on Christmas Eve. Another tradition we have is hosting my adult girls and their husbands on Christmas morning for breakfast. The table is now set for Christmas morning breakfast!
When I shared my latest adventures with Miss Luna C (read: checking off the Christmas to-do list), I showed you a little somethin' somethin' I bought from the MacKenzie-Childs' holiday line.
These mini stockings were the inspiration for my Christmas morning tablescape: simple, yet cozy, just as I plan to be in my "morning after" pjs. Typically, I stay up waay past my bedtime after the party the night before, cleaning up all the dishes, either putting them away or stacking them out of sight of the kitchen work zone. My girls and I will then cook and drink lots of coffee together in the kitchen - again - while our guys sit nearby in the sunroom, relaxing and laughing about the party's antics the night before.
We usually have scrambled eggs and bacon, biscuits, cinnamon French toast sticks, juice, milk and coffee. Lots of coffee. Of course, we scan all the leftover sweets from the night before to savor after the meal. One of the best perks of hosting is having the choice of leftovers!
With immediate families living nearby, my kids typically have other places to go on Christmas day after breakfast, but it's my final encore for Christmas entertaining. I will linger for the rest of the day without any commitments.
I will, most likely, pick up a book or magazine, and relax in the sunroom, taking my good, sweet time with the day doing nothing else.
Well, maybe I'll get into a few more leftovers. One thing's for sure - that chaise lounge in the sunroom will be calling me on Christmas day.
I hope whatever you do on Christmas morning, you find yourself in a happy place. Go ahead, mix your plaids and checks, and/or stay in your pjs all day. Who cares?!

Tablescape details:
Table runner - handmade gift from daughter 
Matelasse tablecloth - vintage 
Vintage Stamp holder Coffee Tree in Basket - here
Plaid chargers - Michael's (this year)
White Dinner Plates - Mikasa 'Magnolia' vintage
Tartan Salad Plates - Sasaki and Arita vintage
Flatware - Oneida (everyday)
Glassware - Anchor Hocking 'Georgian' juice & , monogrammed 'C' water (both vintage)
Mini Stockings - MacKenzie-Childs (this year)
Paper Napkins - Vanity Fair

As always, your visits, comments and loyal readership are welcome, and much appreciated!
Rita C. at Panoply
(A special thanks to the gals at the Vintage Inspiration Party for featuring this post!)

Sharing with any given number of these fine hosts:

No comments:

Post a Comment