Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Summer Seaside Scenes Tablescape

Welcome to Panoply! Summertime entertaining is intended to be relaxed and easygoing. With thoughts of vacations or even staycations, whichever the case may be, one thing's certain - just getting together again is one of the surest signs of a return to normalcy! I've set a summer table just for the occasion, and hope you'll catch a wave of inspiration among the details.
I am happy to be hosting the talented group of bloggers you will see listed near the bottom of this post, each one sharing their summer tablescapes. I have taken the torch from Chloe Crabtree, who was our host for five years prior to this. Be sure to take some time to visit each one for their individual style in summertime tabletop entertaining. You're certain to get inspired!
Juliska offered this new line of Country Estate party plates earlier this year, and my first thought was "summer"! I really love all the seaside scenes: fishing pier, beach umbrella, lifeguard stand, and sailboat.

I knew I had the accessories to make a complementary place setting, so I got in my closet of tabletop and other household decor and started putting things together. 
The jute placemats, woven galvanized chargers, and blue & white striped dinner plates were easy choices. The sailor knot napkin rings and the tie-dyed navy cotton napkins felt just right for these party plates. The tablecloth is new, and lends a masculine vibe with the herringbone, while the navy & white weave keeps the hue of blue I was going for, like a nice pair of slightly faded blue jeans.
With just a few more things I already had, I created a centerpiece. Cobalt blue glass stemware and Blenko pitchers with small American flags, along with Uncle Sam flying his kite in the background, all tie in with the summer scene. This is an easy look for any and all the summer holidays from Memorial through Labor Day. It could just as easily be edited for an all blue & white look sans the Americana flair. 
Last year, I added a couple pieces of Royal Check to my collection of MacKenzie-Childs enamelware - the mini pedestal and round serving tray. My local boutique which sells M-C (only authorized dealer in my state of WV) had a sale in May so I added the small salt and pepper shakers.
I assembled some simple summer appetizers, and served them on the Royal Check enameled tray, perfect with its lip edge to catch food items that potentially roll off flat edges. I used a couple of Pampered Chef (white) and Fiesta (lapis blue) servers to separate other items on the tray such as dips, nuts, and fruits. A very small seagrass tray holds crackers in the center.
For guests who enjoy a festive drink with appetizers, Smirnoff offers a seasonal Red, White & Berry 'Ice', which is a light alcoholic drink blend of tart cherry, citrus, and blue raspberry.  With only a 4.5% alcohol content, it makes a refreshing drink, especially when served ice cold. 
The salad pictured above is a 5-star family favorite - Greek orzo salad. I've made the linked recipe my own by increasing the feta to 1 cup, the dressing ingredients by 50% (more moist), and also by using Kalamata olives. Trust me, it's a winner. I made it at least a dozen times last year, twice already this year. If you know Mr. P., you've probably guessed he won't eat it. But, that's okay - leaves more for me. I like it so much it can actually serve as a meal for me!
 
I hope you've enjoyed this jump start to summer entertaining. I like to share my source list for those who may want to look for similar items, although I have no affiliation with any of these products (other than buying them for my personal use).
Summer Seaside Scenes Tablescape Source List
Tablecloth (Open Kitchen) - Williams Sonoma 
Placemat pair as center runner overlay - estate find
Centerpiece Glass Vase/Pitchers - Blenko Glass Company
Napkins - Sundance Outlet
Chargers - Pier 1
Napkin Rings, Dinner Plates (Laura Ashley), paper cocktail napkins - HomeGoods
Salad Plates (Country Estate Seaside) - Juliska
Flatware - Horchow
Jute Placemats - Kohl's
Stemware - Wayfair
Salt/Pepper, small pedestal, tray (Royal Check) - MacKenzie-Childs and Rosegate Design
Little lights - Michael's
Hydrangeas - Afloral
Uncle Sam - (from gift shop in SC several years ago)
Below is the list of bloggers participating in this summer tablescape hop, with links to each one. All links are scheduled to go live no later than 7am Eastern time (June 15). If you click on one not yet live, do check back!
Home is Where the Boat Is - Dockside Nautical Table
Hyacinths for the Soul - Summertime, and the Livins Easy!
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Sweet Peach Summer Table
The Painted Apron - Shells on the Beach
Living With Thanksgiving - Patriotic Table by the Pond
Everyday Living - A Welcome to Summer
Panoply Summer Seaside Scenes Tablescape (you are here!)
Thank you so much for joining me at the table today! Tablescaping is one of my favorite ways to mix and match my decor and vintage finds to share with family and friends. Leave a comment and let me know if you plan to gather this year with family and/or friends. 

If you're not a regular reader, I certainly welcome your return anytime, and you can subscribe to my posts with the form on the sidebar on the right. If you're on a mobile device, just scroll to the bottom and click on 'view web version'. You should then see the form on the right, as well as my blog menu of favorite topics at the top of the page. Cheers to summer fun!

42 comments:

  1. I can imagine many a carefree hour or two sitting at this fabulously set table, enjoying some appetizers and festive drinks. Everything goes perfectly together. I particularly love the Country Estate plates. Each scene sings of long, enjoyable summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, your summer seaside tablescape is fabulous! I love the Juliska plates. Each scene is delightful. All your blues blend beautifully and the textures make your table pop. Your centerpiece of blue Blenko Glass with flags is stunning. The plate of appetizers drew me in immediately. Your MKC blue check accessories pull all your elements together. Love your signature overhead shot, too.
    Thank you for hosting the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I ADORE your Juliska plates and I’m catching a wave of inspiration, as well as dish envy! I love your addition of MKC’s Royal Check, I was just admiring their limited edition star plates on their website, but held strong and resisted! Love your choice of Red, White & Berry 'Ice' with your appetizer tray and orzo salad, perfect for summer dining and entertaining! I have a similar orzo recipe that’s a family favorite that we enjoy in the summer, eating out of jars on the boat! Thanks so much for your organizing efforts and picking up the torch from Chloe. So happy to be joining for some summer fun at the table! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, your plates are just lovely--as is your entire tablescape! I really love the beachy patriotic theme.Your orzo looks delish and the Ice drink does sound refreshing! Thanks again for hosting us! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap, now instead of spending the day outside, I want to do tablescaping....lol Gorgeous table! I'm loving the Juliska salad plates and might have to order me some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cute, your cobalt glass goes well with the summer scene plates. Food looks festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, what a wonderful nod to beautiful summer days at the beach!! I love your salad plate set and you have adorned them perfectly!! Your orzo salad and party tray looks splendid for a wonderful summertime meal. Thank you so much for organizing this hop!! Your pension for details show through both your tables and your efforts of putting the hop together!! Thank you for including me. I hope you have a fun and relaxing summer☀️❤️🕶

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Rita, I love your fun and festive summer table! You have such a talent for styling tablescapes -- mixing and layering vintage with new. I'm crazy about your new summer plates! Did you order them online? I love Juliska's dishes but none of my local stores carry them. Oh dear, I'm seriously contemplating acquiring more plates lol! Thanks so very much for taking over the task of organizing and managing the tablescape hops --- appreciate all the time and effort it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Juliska plates takes you straight to the seashore, they are so pretty and serene! Love the blue Blenko jars holding flags for your centerpiece and Uncle Sam is adorable. I can see how you can easily transform this into a blue and white table, and the Blue Courtly Check pieces mix in perfectly. A charcuterie tray is the way to go for summer entertaining ease, and I will be checking out that orzo salad! I love that you make things to enjoy even if you know picky Mr. P won't be eating them :) Happy Summer Rita and thank you so much for keeping our tablescape hop going, we so appreciate you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting and sharing! I feel like I have been to the beach !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rita, the plates sure do set the stage for your summer time table! I want to pull up a chair and have a snack from your pretty CC platter, have some of your orzo salad, and a seasonal Smirnoff! Cheers! ❤️🇺🇸💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita how great are those plates. Super cute for summer. I love the red, white and blue theme. The table scape is so pretty. Your food looks so yummy too. I will have to look for those Smirnoff's for the 4th. Everything is beautiful as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a glorious table, Rita. Those are the best dishes ever! I love the seaside scenes. And that appetizer platter is to die for! Your orzo salad looks similar to a favorite of ours, too. It's all very festive (your overhead shots are always the best!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita love the pretty Juliska plates. They go perfectly with your pretty cobalt blue. The blue Blenko jars are so special with the flags tucked in. Uncle Sam fits in nicely. Love the blue Courtly check on your pretty table. I only have a cake stand. The appetizers look so delicious. The orzo salad is wonderful, similar to the one I make. I add pesto. Thank you Rita for picking up the torch. Great job on organizing this fun tablescape blog hop. Happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous tablescape - love those plates! With all the blue and the coastal vibe, it's truly a perfect table for summer! Pinned!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is so light and festive....I love the summer selections of dishes served with favorite summer menus....we just got an invitation to a July party and it said: RED WHITE AND BOOM! This fits your blog perfectly! Happy Summer Days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table is so pretty for summer, and I really love the seaside scenes plates. SO pretty, Rita! The plates are a lovely find!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rita, first off, I want to thank you for hosting this hop and for inviting me to join in the fun. Amazing group of tablescapes offer in this hop. What a treat!
    Secondly, can you hear me chanting? "No more dishes!" 😂😂😂 This is my first sighting of the Juliska Summer Seaside Scenes. Oh, are they ever tempting! As you likely know, various pieces and color ways of Juliska Country Manor reside here. These are so tempting!
    Every detail of your table delights. Of course, I also love the Royal Check. I have added a few pieces specifically for our summer tables. Can't miss with blue and white no matter what the season, but with my love of patriotic colors and themes for summer, it is a must.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita, everything looks perfectly beautiful for a summer setting. Your new Juliska plates are so pretty and pair wonderfully with the MC Royal Check pieces. Your appetizers and salad look scrumptious and the perfect dishes for a hot summer day. Thanks again for hosting this fun event. I hope you have a most wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rita, I love those plates! Your tablescape is truly a summer delight. Your blue Blenko and blue goblets are so pretty. Your Uncle Sam is adorable. MC checkered items are a favorite. That is lovely blue tablecloth. Thank you for coordinating this blog hop. It did indeed give me inspiration. Enjoy your day! Clara❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. This table is so inviting - love the cute scenes on your new dishes, and they look fabulous with Royal Check.. AND, that charcuterie tray is to die for and made my mouth water a bit! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your summer table is full of good ideas for entertaining. I can see why you wanted the Country Estate party plates. They capture summer so well with their designs plus they have a vintage feel to them. The herringbone cloth works perfectly with the dishes. The Smirnoff Red, White & Berry drinks is a good drink offering for something light before dinner.
    Thank you for taking on hosting the tablescapes hops! It such a fun treat to share with other bloggers.
    Happy summer friend!
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rita, I had a nice long comment and poof it disappeared! I hope I can remember most of it. First, the Juliska seaside scenes plates are just wonderful. I have never seen them before, but you were smart to add them to your edited dishware collection. The Blenko pitchers make a perfect centerpiece with the small flags and they are a great accompaniment to the stemware. The WS tablecloth and the tie-dyed napkins add another layer of interest to the mix. I have always admired the Royal Check, another great purchase while on sale. Butch told me this morning he was in the mood for a pasta salad. I think I will be making your orzo salad soon.

    Thank you so much for organizing and continuing the blog hops! I always enjoy a seat at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on taking the torch! I just drooled at the Juliska party plates, and love all the seaside scenes. The Blenko pitchers are a fabulous color blue! Have a wonderful summer Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rita, Love the way you put this tablescape together. The Juliska seaside scenes are wonderful. Thanks for organizing the blog hop for all of us interested in seeing these fabulous table settings.
    Lynne, Thrifting Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your table is the perfect setting for enjoying summer with the Juliska Seaside dinnerware. I love all the Country Estate patterns and the party plates in this pattern is one that is tempting me! The cobalt blue is such a lovely addition to your table, makes a lovely centerpiece. A great start to summer Rita........

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rita, Your seaside dinnerware is beautiful! I love those! The addition of the pieces of blue and white MacKenzie Childs mixes beautifully with the rest of your casual summer tablescape. You have made me hungry with your display of delicious foods! I am ready for lunch right now!! Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rita, how awesome are the dishes, I love them and perfect for summer season. They are subtle and muted, right up my alley. Country Estate has lovely winter dishes too that I swoon over every year.

    Table perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello, Rita. Your table sets such a wonderful summer scene. Love the plates and of course the Blenko. We do make some lovely glassware in our state. Hope this finds you enjoying these summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't even describe how much I love this Rita! I love all your tablescapes but this one is just perfect. Your M-C pieces are lovely and a wonderful addition. The food looks amazing too! Thanks for the summer inspiration. Have a great upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rita, I love your mixture of McK-C and your seaside scene salad plates. They contrast and harmonize with each other quite well. And the appetizer plate and orzo salad look so delicious and perfect for a hot summer afternoon. Your Blenko cobalt blue pitchers are stunning. Thank you for all of your assistance with blog posting and taking over the fun of hosting the hops. It is greatly appreciated by all. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your seaside table has me ready to jump into summer! I especially liked your use of Blenko pitchers. Blenko products are often featured at the vintage glass show I go to every year (well not in 2020), but I don't own any. Perhaps next time I go! I'd love to blog hop with you and the group.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You decorated such a pretty summer table that also looks patriotic. The greek salad looks good too.
    Thanks for the blog visit and I hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Rita- your summer seaside tablescape is amazing! You have such a sense of style and the ability to combine colors and designs. It is always a pleasure to see your creations and I can just imagine how wonderful it would be sitting at that table!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Rita! Your table is seaside perfection! I LOVE those plates, and they look perfect stacked on the blue and white striped dinner plates! The knotted napkin rings really lend a nautical touch! Your patriotic centerpiece is so fun, as is Uncle Sam!! As always, an inspiring table! Thank you so much for gathering us all together and hosting this fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rita, first to say thanks you so much for hosting one of my favorite blog hops. It’s always so fun to get new inspiration from these talented ladies. Tour tablescape is wonderful with the different plates and colors. It is versatile with its colors and patterns and textures. I can’t wait to click over and get your orzo salad recipe. It sounds delicious. Enjoy your summer and bringing this hop together.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Rita, this is such a lovely and FUN table for summer! I love everything about it, the colors, those Juliska plates {!}, the different elements that you have put together with such a flair. And thanks too for the recipe, we love a good orzo salad here at FrenchGardenHouse. Happy summer to you! xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Rita, popping back to tell you that your pretty table is being featured at the FWF link party!
    Thanks for adding to the party.
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your beautiful summer table and I'm looking forward to trying your orzo salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, that table is SO inviting! Love those Juliska plates!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a gorgeous tablescape! I adore the Juliska plates. I hope you are having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete