Friday, July 16, 2021

A Few Good Friends in Group Chat Tablescape

I had some fun playing with dishes recently, putting together A Few Good Friends in Group Chat tablescape. It starts with a set of Vicki Sawyer appetizer plates I bought last November and have been storing since. It's a summertime table, the theme perfectly timed as we enjoy reuniting with friends and family on the downside of the COVID pandemic.
If you're new to my blog, welcome! Longtime readers know I'm an ad free blog, but I like to give a source list of my table elements at the end of my tablescape posts. I am a list-making, need-to-organize kind of girl, and this helps me a lot, especially when I re-use items from past tablescapes. It also helps those who are inspired to look for similar finds. I sell vintage and antique goods in my local antique mall, so everything that is a table element has the potential of becoming a resale item, lol. 
While shopping with my Panoply sisters back in April, I found the fabric I'm using as my tablecloth, further inspiring my vision here. I knew it would go well with the plates. It's a botanical blue, cotton fabric remnant which measured perfectly to fit my 46" x 66" glass top table, once I hemmed the raw edges. Check out the spider, snail and bee details hidden among florals (picture collage, above)!
The vintage pitcher (above) was an estate sale purchase back in February. This pitcher and the cloth were part of my Vintage Finds in Covid Times post. The parrot was another good feathered friend for the group chat. 😉
The salad plates are a fluted, hand-painted ceramic by MacKenzie-Childs, a second-hand purchase.
With my Fiesta sunflower square dinner plates, I chose my yellow polka dot flatware that matched, but decided to mix it all up by adding goldtone flatware too.
And why not make it a total fiesta, adding my colorful, seersucker striped napkins?!
A mix of three fresh bouquets from Aldi at $4 each made a nice and full centerpiece. The glass vase has gradient shades of bermuda blue and spring green.
The hydrangea in the bouquet is green, the one in the cloth pink, so it was only right that I pull the blue tinted hydrangea plate onto the table!
A Few Good Friends and Group Chat Tablescape Source List
Tablecloth (Lydia Irwin design for P Kaufmann Fabrics Made in USA), parrot pitcher, hydrangea serving platter (resting on small blue Depression glass cake pedestal)  - vintage and estate sale finds
Acrylic glassware, rattan chargers, napkins - Pier 1
A Few Good Friends and Group Chat plates (Vicki Sawyer) 
Napkin rings (Yellow Blossom), Salad plates (King Ferry) - MacKenzie-Childs
Dinner Plates (Sunflower) - Everything Fiesta Outlet
Flatware (gold) - Target
Flatware (polka dot) - Pfaltzgraff
Flower Vessel - Blenko
Flowers - Aldi
I'm really happy to be able to be with a few good friends in group chat again. How about you? Let me know....are you having fun with friends again yet? With family? 

Thank you for your visit today!

31 comments:

  1. How inspiring, especially today. We're supposed to get a full day of rain. Now I'm feeling like I should do a colorful table for friends. I am loving the fabric you found. That Bee detail is my fave!

    Hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods, say hi to hubs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, this post made me smile all the way through. What a glorious mix of colors and fun tableware.
    Lynne, Thrifting Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I adore this fabric. You have styled it so perfectly with the mix of textures and patterns. The seersucker striped napkins add such a punch to an already fun and festive table. The Vicky Sawyer whimsical plates make me smile. Lively conversation would be expected around this fabulous table. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of Vicki Sawyer and her crazy whimsical animal characters Rita, your plate are fabulous! I love the fun play of patterns and colors on this happy table, and the fabric is beautiful! Wonderful fun, the bright flowers, cute napkin rings, MKC fluted plates, and polka dot flatware, I love it all!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, Your summer table is delightful! The fabric is gorgeous! It's a perfect tablecloth. The parrot pitcher is a favorite. Your polka dot flatware is fun and compliments your beautiful plate stack. The appetizer plates are whimsical and help make a happy summer table. I really like the sunflower colored fiesta square plates. The MC plates really ties the plate stack together. The bouquet and glass platter are pretty too! The seersucker napkins perfectly pair with the tablecloth. Love this table Rita! Enjoy your day sweet friend!Clara❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a festive table! Love the parrot pitcher! It goes with the theme so well.

    On another note: We'll be going through your way soon, and of course back shortly after that. We'll wave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, I adore these whimsical plates and how you styled your pretty table! Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, the fabric for your table is lovely. anything with bees is so charming. Love the parrot pitcher, a great find. Vicki Sawyer has some awesome plates, each one so fun and unique. Love your plate stack. The polka dot flatware and the striped napkins are great additions. A super fun, cheerful whimsical table for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric is fabulous. I love the plates -- it's perfect with the fabric -- and it's such a fun, happy table. What a good mix of vintage and new!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, I adore your table. The fabric is stunning, as I am a fabric junkie. And, I do love the happy plates. The table is so inviting for a happy time and lively conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita this is amazing. Love those fun plates. The colors are perfect. Very tropical and fun. Happy Friday. Have a good weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, this is such a festive and lovely colorful table setting. The napkins and plates add such a fun tropical feel. I love everything about this, lucky guests sitting at this table! I think it's great how you add your source list at the end of your posts, it's so helpful for the days we see something we might like to find. Happy weekend dear girl......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, the festive colors and patterns on your table give off such happy feelings.
    The Vicky Sawyer plates are adorable. I admire her work! You know I love a touch of whimsy. It would be great fun to sit at this table chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, a riot of color with lots of chatting birds! It is a table that invites friends to join the party. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, that is one of the prettiest tablecloths I've ever seen! The colors are so vibrant and as soon as I saw the first photo I literally said - oh my gosh that gorgeous! Love those plates and that darling pitcher. Makes me want to incorporate those same rich colors everywhere. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rita, you are so very talented in creating lovely tables. Have you seen the beautiful tablescapes group on FB? I'm not on FB but I have a friend who is, and she's shared a few of their posts with me.
    I love the birds, and how everything is so bright and looks so pretty together! I like how you use the Kings Ferry plates as chargers and have mixed them with the bird plates and other elements. Gorgeous!!! Kings Ferry is one of my favorite patterns, BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun, whimsical table you’ve created, Rita! The fabric with your Vicki Sawyer plates, along with your flatware and striped napkins. Aldi has some great bargain bouquets, don’t they? Of course, your parrot pitcher made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aldi has great bouquets that don't break the bank. I must confess that we have a "bargain grocer" store that sells bouquets for $1.00 so I have been getting them there. Your Vicki Sawyer whimsical animal characters are very inviting! The fabric is beautiful with the bright flowers and MC fluted plates. King Ferry is one of my favorite patterns. This table spells FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita, this table just brought so much joy to my heart! I love every single thing about it, the colors, the gorgeous cloth, those silly but beautiful animal plates! Who wouldn't just be filled with laughter love and all things good sitting at this table you have blessed us with. Thank you for brightening my day every time I come to visit you. Hope you have a wonderfully blessed week ahead, dear friend. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rita, You know I share your love for Vicki Sawyer and her whimsical art and tableware! I love the plate stack and wonderful fabric you found, as well as your feathered friend! Your flowers are the perfect finishing touch. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in love with this tablescape, Rita. The fabric remnant is gorgeous and as for the parrot pitcher....so, so fun. I wouldn't mind that pretty hydrangea plate here in my home. I am always astounded as to the perfect pieces you unearth for each tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That tablecloth fabric is outstanding! Those colors really set the stage. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rita-that fabric selection is fabulous with your Vicki Sawyer plates and I love the bright colors and flowers to complement the setting. Your talent for creating is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous Rita! It made me smile with the very first picture and all the way through your post. I love the mix of flatware! You always seem to add a surprise to your tablescapes that makes them so much fun to view. The parrot
    pitcher is just adorable. Thanks for brightening up my day! I hope you are having a wonderful summer so far. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't imagine a fabric that would set off this tablescape any better. It's absolutely adorable. I was familiar with the images and artwork, but haven't seen the plates and dishes. I don't think I've seen a more fun tablescape before... anywhere. Your parrot pitcher is a perfect compliment. Happy Happy Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rita, this is such a feast for the eyes! The tablecloth is gorgeous - what a find - as are the flowers. And the VS plates are adorable. What a tribute to summer. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That fabric!!!! It's gorgeous! Such a happy table. You definitely know how to dress a table! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful table! I love the tablecloth and those gorgeous bird plates.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The fabric you used for a tablecloth is spectacular! And the plates make me smile!

    ReplyDelete