Thursday, February 14, 2013

"A Panoply of Purses" - 1st Edition, 2013

It's one month till Spring (thank goodness!) and, apart from going to the antique mall each week to restyle one section at a time, I haven't gotten into much personal decluttering or organizing at home since putting away Christmas decor.

One thing I did manage to do, however, is create a virtual organization of my purse collection - no small feat! I've been collecting for years and, though I've had the forethought of detailing the purchase records, listing each one on an Excel spreadsheet, and taking photographs of every purse in my collection, only now was I inspired to organize it all. And I did it with a Shutterfly book!

Shutterfly had a feature that let me link my project book within my blog from 2013-2017 for readers to view.
UPDATE: 
Unfortunately, in May of 2017, Shutterfly chose to disallow the use of the widget they specifically created to link with blogs.

If you're interested in seeing more of my purse collection, please visit my Pinterest boards below. You'll see my restored purse there, along with many other examples of beaded, mesh, and other styles, most of which are from my personal collection.  Enjoy!
Panoply Antique Beaded Purses 
Panoply Antique & Vintage Mesh Purses
Panoply Vintage Children's Purses
Panoply Other Antique & Vintage Purses, Vanities 

I've attached a photo of my book below so you can see what the end product looks like.
As always, your visits, comments and loyal readership are welcome, and much appreciated!

Rita C. at Panoply

2 comments:

  1. Great job putting this together! Wide variety, and the display pics could provide ideas for other collectors. It's fun to see the photos of women & children with purses, especially so many as they are not easy to come by. Fun to look through - thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy. One of the best things with Shutterfly is I'll be able to add to the project as my collection grows. One of the best things about collecting is sharing with others who appreciate the passion of it all.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete