Sunday, June 19, 2016

MacKenzie-Childs Inspired Tablescape

This is both a before and after, as well as a tablescape post. I created a tablescape to highlight a few things MacKenzie-Childs inspired, which one of my very talented blog friends helped me realize, and in a most significant way.
Here is what I started with (before, pictured below) - several vintage silverplate pieces I had in my Panoply inventory.
And here is what Patti from Pandora's Box transformed them into (after, below):
Patti also created the runner I used for the table. Amazing work, isn't it? If I hadn't told you it wasn't the real deal (MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check pattern), and you didn't stalk their website or retail shops (or barn sale!), you wouldn't know it wasn't straight from their artisans' hands.
With my new pieces as the basis for my tablescape, I assembled other things in my collections to complete my styling. My plate stack includes a chalkboard-painted charger (last year's plaid charger used here is this year's little black charger).
Flowers from the grocery were enhanced with a few flowers from the garden. Everyday lemons are scattered on the table and in the arrangement as pops of sunshine.
I used the champagne bucket as the vessel for the flowers, but fully intend to use it in a variety of other ways after tablescaping.
Drink service is fulfilled with both the MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check inspired silverplate, along with my Blenko classic water pitcher.
Placemats and napkins are vintage, as are the pewter napkin rings. The napkins have a bellflower print woven into the damask, very dainty. The airy weave of the placemats lets the wood grain of the table keep the setting grounded.
I am crushing on these transformed pieces that were previously just sitting in storage. They are currently residing in my dining room, but my plans are to use the champagne bucket in the kitchen with a couple other utilitarian pieces, one of which I purchased from Patti's own stock. :)

Source List for Tablescape:
Silverplate coffee service, champagne bucket - vintage, and hand-painted by Patti Pultorak. See more photos, including the runner, and many more items on Patti's Facebook page, or by contacting her through her blog.
Green glass pitcher - Blenko
Chargers (Michaels), transformed from plaid to chalkboard (Valspar, Lowe's)
China - 
   Dinner plate - Mikasa Magnolia (vintage)
   Salad plate - Gail Pittman Hospitality collection for Southern Living (discontinued)
   Bread and butter plate - Noritake Reverie (vintage)
Flatware - Oneida, everyday
Pewter napkin rings - vintage
Glassware - Libbey and Keurig, everyday 
Placemats, damask napkins - vintage
The authentic MacKennzie-Childs Courtly Check pattern is my favorite, but I only have a few pieces of the real thing, mostly accessories. Most of my readers are aware of the Traveling Tote series, involving a MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check pattern tote bag I have (see posts under Travel header at the top of my blog on the menu bar). I appreciate the quality of the hand-painted work of artisans, but that artistry comes with a price which necessarily must cover overhead and profit margins for the company to remain viable. The annual MacKenzie-Childs barn sale of steeply discounted inventory is a shopper's mecca, and happens at the factory in Aurora, NY. It is coming up July 21-24, 2016. I only wish the barn sale was a traveling expo, (can you say Country Living Fair??), lol.  I must say, though, Patti, has satisfied my wants for now, and at a very affordable price range, and with comparable artistry. Thank you, Patti!

Do you collect MacKenzie-Childs? If so, which patterns? 
Rita C. at Panoply
(A special thanks to Chloe at Celebrate and Decorate for featuring this post at Celebrate Your Style #32!)
Sharing: Amaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Make It Pretty Show & ShareInspire Me, The Scoop, Vintage Bliss TuesdaysThrifty & Vintage Finds, Celebrate Your Story, Let's Talk Vintage, Talk of the Town, WOWSYCDelightsome Life H&GTOHOTVintage CharmFoodie Friday & Everything ElseFNF, One More Time

No comments:

Post a Comment