Friday, June 29, 2018

Vintage Finds 2Q18

The second quarter of 2018 (2Q18) was a mix of shopping activity, both vintage and retail. With activities including styling booths, family vacation and landscape gardening over the past few months, vintage shopping often took second seat. Still, I found some fun things to share. I realize only when putting this post together that almost all of these vintage finds are purchases from other dealers, either purging or moving.
A long-time dealer in very nice, primitive antiques hosted a private tag sale here in town. She is permanently relocating to her second home in Pawley's Island, SC, and wanted to downsize. The collection of miniature sheep in the collage below was sneakily bought by my Panoply sisters and gifted to me for my birthday. I bought the tole tray on which they sit. I also bought the lamb on sled, the miniature ironstone tureen (shown in ironstone grouping on the L side middle R photo for scale). A tole painted knife box and group of four English pewter measures were also part of my picks.
Pictured below are a few more favorites from this dealer in primitives. The linen runner and Amish basket are newer vintage, but the silk peaches inside the basket are handmade, hand-dyed Victorian creations. I love everything about them! The second knife box I purchased is Shaker, and the feathering on the edge of the box was as smooth as the silk on the peaches. Superb workmanship.
Another dealer and part owner of our antique mall is downsizing, and her tag sale was a little overwhelming. There was so.much.stuff.

My favorite era is the Flapper and Art Deco periods, so when I saw these 1913 framed litho prints by magazine illustrator Harry Morse Meyers (1886-1961) - "Spring Chicken" and "Garden Hose" - I immediately snagged them.
A couple pieces of pottery - a small pitcher and McCoy planter - and a couple of smalls tools (flat advertising ruler and tack hammer) caught my eye.
A twin chenille bedspread in very good vintage condition was an easy choice.
As I was leaving the tag sale, my inner dish maven was drawn to 17 pieces of Taylor Smith Taylor USA transferware in teal green (bottom L of photo below). Laura, if you're reading this, it's the same pattern as the platter which broke in my purge! I couldn't leave it behind, especially for the price.
Also in the photo above is some dishware I purchased at our antique mall from a few of my dealer friends. The Greenbrier china pieces, which I collect, are ones I did not already have! The small, ceramic lemon pitcher just appealed to me for the shape and coloring.

Last but not least, still another dealer friend was purging her cottage shop on her property, and I picked up most of what's pictured below. The wicker tiered table is already in the shop and styled with garden items (not purchased at the cottage sale). The two barkcloth pillows are in my sunroom, the brown transferware mold is in my dining room and the primitive, lidded bucket is currently in my inventory.
My retail shopping wouldn't be so much lately if it weren't for a local auction house I recently discovered. This auctioneer also handled an estate auction about a month ago, and the vintage items below are what I won/bought. I was primarily after the enamel top table, but all the other items were stacked on top of it and went with it. They were all filthy, but worth cleaning up. The table is already in the booth.
This auctioneer deals primarily in Evine, QVC and Home Shopping Network overstock. We won't even go there today, but it's been a great source for a few gift items I've stashed for the family Christmas gift exchange. Oh yea, and a few things for myself. Can you say purses and shoes??😉
Here's hoping all your shopping finds are fun and full of value! Thanks for visiting today.

Rita C. at Panoply
(A special thanks to Kathryn of the Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday #259 for featuring this post!)

Sharing: One More TimePieced Pastimes, Best of the Weekend, Amaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Show & ShareInspire MeMake it PrettyThe ScoopDagmar's HomeCelebrate Your Story,SYS, SYCDelightsome Life H&GGrace at Home, Vintage Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment