Friday, December 29, 2023

Panoply 2023: It's a Wrap!

It's time to collage all my blog posts for 2023 as a final step before closing the book, figuratively and literally, on 2023. This blog is primarily my personal journal, and my final step each year is to have all my yearly posts bound in a yearbook style format using Blog2Print (no affiliation, I just love the product and service). 

I only blogged 18 posts (counting this one) in 2023. As I share my current passions in life, it is my hope that there is entertainment and inspiration within these posts for you, my readers. My blog is non-revenue producing by choice.

My format for this final post each year is to summarize my menu categories from the header on my blog's home page. I do this with photo collages, and then caption each collage with the blog titles/links within the category. That way, should you be curious, you can click on the links and visit the individual post of interest. 

Organization is key for me in my lifestyle. As my journal, my blog keeps me organized when I want to refer back to a year, a subject or item. You may be surprised to know how much I use my own search function within my blog when I want to find a certain home decor item, a plant, a tablescape element, etc.!

While I am doing fewer posts each year, one thing I am doing is combining menu topics. For example, I may do a garden post, but sneak in a tablescape that fits the garden theme. Or, I may have a tablescape and include some photos of home decor. It works for me. I hope you enjoy this summary.

Tablescapes
Tablescaping is a hobby I really enjoy. I began hosting tablescaping blog hops in mid-year 2021, assuming the torch from a prior host in order to keep the blog events alive. 

As mentioned earlier, you may see a few photos / descriptors of home decor and garden blooms within my individual tablescape posts. 

My Garden
2023 was the second full year in my new (Zone 7a) landscape garden, full of surprises and challenges that will carry over into a highly anticipated 2024. I already have plants on order, to be shipped in late April. However, with the new USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map, the supplier has yet to update expected ship date to sync up with my new zone, which would make shipping mid-April!

The garden was another topic where I would incorporate photos of blooms into a tablescape post, or a tablescape into a garden post. I even took my tote out for a few photos which were shared in the Traveling Totes section.

Panoply Antiquing 
While 2023 only had one post dedicated to Panoply antiquing per se, my little side hustle is my real life too, so you will see vintage finds within my home decor and in my travels. My sisters and I celebrated our 15th year in our local antique mall in July.

Traveling Totes
In my tales of the traveling tote series, I often include trips centering on antiquing with my Panoply sisters, family updates, gardening, or even some retail shopping. Once again, my header subjects cross over categories.

And that's a wrap for 2023! Converting these posts to a book format is my last step, and I'll watch for a good sale on Blog2Print to do that.

I so appreciate each and every one you, my readers, and the friendships, both new and old, through blogging. I hope those of you who read but don't always comment will feel welcome to do so anytime. I always try to visit blogs if you have one, and try to respond by email to comments. It's rare that I can't figure out who the commenter is or that I don't have a contact to reach you, but if so (or you show as anonymous or you're no-reply commenter), I'll leave a response on the post. 

I'm looking forward to 2024, and I hope you are, too. I spent the good part of the day before this post is live undecorating and reorganizing my Christmas decor. Changes are inevitable in life, and we can encourage each other with our shared experiences.  Please take care to stay safe and in good health.

Happy New Year!
Rita C. at Panoply



21 comments:

  1. I love your format for year-end summaries, Rita. And it has been quite a year for you! I'm so delighted that you have shared it with us. I send you all good wishes for a very happy new year and another year of online friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire you doing this summary every year Rita, such a wonderful accomplishment and way to close out the year. As I've told you many times, I am always impressed by your organizational skills and try to learn from you! Thanks for keeping our tablescape group going. I wish you all the best for 2024!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I admire your organizational skills. It is definitely not my strong suit. I love to read your posts that are always so well done. The collages are perfect to see all of your posts in review. Tablescaping, antiquing, gardening, and traveling are subjects that pique my interests. I appreciate your friendship through the years. Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Year End collages are fun and so so sweet. How fun to look back at the year. It is amazing all the things you did in 2023. Now on to 2024. Happy New Year. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, such a wonderful round-up of 2023. Your outstanding organization skills are clearly showing. Love the format. From beautiful tables, to gardening, antiquing and tote travels.
    It's fun to look back, whether it's changes in your garden or fun travels. You are so fortunate to have sisters that also love antiques. Your friendship is precious. Happy New Year and best wishes for the bright new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I admire you and your skillful organization skills. You are a master! I also admire your gardening your gardening skills, your design sense, and your devotion to family and friends. I appreciate the friendship we share and wish you a wonderful new year! Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember seeing a post on that nest in the gutter of the house! Whew! What a year in review! It's nice to see what you've posted about in one post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get your blog to recognize me on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always admire how you organize your blog and then print it every year, Rita. It’s always a pleasure to visit you and share our friendship through blogging and praying. Happy New Year to you and Mr. P! 🥳🎉

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always amaze me, and I love seeing a new post from you. You've packed a lot of life into your 18 posts. Baby J is absolutely precious and I love seeing how she is growing and changing. Adorable like her Grammy. Thankyou for your wonderful friendship, Rita. Sending a big hug and prayers for the Happiest of New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry 2023 wrap up Rita! I echo everyone’s sentiments about your organizational skills and I admire your stick-to-it-ness when it comes to gardening, whether it’s reestablishing your lawn or eradicating your inherited lily of the valley. We were working in the garden some the week leading up to Christmas, doing much needed clean up…more signs of cane borer damage so two other Limelights had to be cut to the ground. It was painful, gardening is not for the faint of heart. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year for you and your family, especially adorable Cindy Lou Who! 😊 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, I love your blog and how you summarize everything at years end. Question for you, but I think I already know the answer. Does blog2print only do the photos on your blog or do they also print the words you wrote? I just hate the thought of not seeing my blog anymore once I quit blogging. Some blogs are no longer in existence and I’m trying to figure all this out before mine disappears someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful summary of 2023 Rita! You had an amazing year with your garden, tablescaping, hosting blog hops, and congratulations on the 15 years of your antique shop. Each and every one of those is an achievement! I adore your organizational skills - they are definitely something to be proud of. I'm looking forward to what comes in 2024 and I'm wishing you a happy and beautiful new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this post and the organization of your collages to summarize the year gone by. I so enjoy visiting to see which table settings you have going on or what new things you are doing in the garden, and the antiques and traveling too! You always keep us wanting more! Wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year with lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your posts--no matter the subject. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you! I appreciate your readership. Happy new year to you as well.

      Delete
  16. I love your summary post! And your photo mosaics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you search back through your posts - I do the same thing! It's such a great record of the year. This summary post is so fun - I see a few I missed, so I'll go back and catch up. Thanks for inspiring us through 2023, and Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rita you are so organized and I envy that about you but in a good way. I try to keep my posts organized for each year but there are times when I know I could do better. You would think I would have all my strength back by now but my Oncologist tells me I may never be back to normal whatever normal is. So until that point I will revel in your end of year reveals. Hugs dear friend and thanks for sharing. Kari

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also use my blog as a reference tool for myself! LOL. I love your summary post.

    ReplyDelete